DirectX 12 Question
Started by xWeasel

8 posts in this topic
xWeasel
Unregistered

12-21-2015, 09:37 PM -
Hi, first of all, I just want to say a HUUUUUGE thank you to the rpcs3 team for working intensely hard, to make this possible :]

Now to my question, which includes:
Will I be able to run the emulator in DirectX12 with my GTX 780 OC GFX card?
if so, could someone please tell me how? thanks Big Grin
tambre
Unregistered

12-22-2015, 05:50 AM -
(12-21-2015, 09:37 PM)xWeasel Wrote: Hi, first of all, I just want to say a HUUUUUGE thank you to the rpcs3 team for working intensely hard, to make this possible :]

Depends on your definition of "run". If you mean with crashes, many graphical glitches, freezes and low framerates, then yes, you'll be able to achieve all of that.
If you hope to be able to play very few non-2D games without any problems, then no.
xWeasel
Unregistered

12-22-2015, 02:42 PM -
(12-22-2015, 05:50 AM)tambre Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 09:37 PM)xWeasel Wrote: Hi, first of all, I just want to say a HUUUUUGE thank you to the rpcs3 team for working intensely hard, to make this possible :]

Depends on your definition of "run". If you mean with crashes, many graphical glitches, freezes and low framerates, then yes, you'll be able to achieve all of that.
If you hope to be able to play very few non-2D games without any problems, then no.

well, i just had a problem selecting the Directx12 option, so I upgraded to Windows 10 and a few games run exceptionally well now
thanks a lot for the reply Big Grin

also, my llvm recompiler option is greyed out, any ideas? thanks
tambre
Unregistered

12-22-2015, 03:36 PM -
(12-22-2015, 02:42 PM)xWeasel Wrote:

well, i just had a problem selecting the Directx12 option, so I upgraded to Windows 10 and a few games run exceptionally well now

You need a build with the LLVM recompiler. I would also currently advise you to not use it, as it currently is very buggy and inaccurate compared to the interpreters (most games will crash with it, while they run fine on the interpreters). It also doesn't seem to play ball with LLE.
xWeasel
Unregistered

12-22-2015, 06:12 PM -
(12-22-2015, 03:36 PM)tambre Wrote:
(12-22-2015, 02:42 PM)xWeasel Wrote:

You need a build with the LLVM recompiler. I would also currently advise you to not use it, as it currently is very buggy and inaccurate compared to the interpreters (most games will crash with it, while they run fine on the interpreters). It also doesn't seem to play ball with LLE.

ah i see, thanks a lot
also, i have the lle modules, but i don't understand them
lainiwaku
Unregistered

01-08-2016, 01:22 PM -
does main dowload branch is under dx12 or dx11?
tambre
Unregistered

01-08-2016, 01:51 PM -
(01-08-2016, 01:22 PM)lainiwaku Wrote: does main dowload branch is under dx12 or dx11?

There has never been, nor ever will be a DX11 renderer for RPCS3.
claimore22
Unregistered

02-19-2016, 12:56 AM -
What is the main renderer directx12 or OpenGL ?
vlj
Unregistered

02-19-2016, 01:31 AM -
For now yes. I'd like to avoid having "main" renderer as possible since all low level backend cover specific need (dx12 for Windows 10 and mobile, vk for Linux and Android) and should be close enough to have lots of code shared. GL is for everything else ie older gpu and OSX (until someone comes with a Metal backend).