About LLE emulation
Started by BlackDaemon

54 posts in this topic
vlj
Unregistered

12-17-2015, 06:36 PM -
Does that mean that HLE emulation is abandonned ?
LLE is more accurate but it prevents rpcs3 from being an out of the box experience as Dolphin does.
lex3a
Unregistered

12-17-2015, 06:37 PM -
Here is the legal? way to get firmware modules:
[REMOVED]
tambre
Unregistered

12-17-2015, 07:08 PM -
(12-17-2015, 06:37 PM)lex3a Wrote: Here is the legal? way to get firmware modules:
[REMOVED]

That is illegal. Only "legal" way to obtain them, to my knowledge, is through your own PS3, as has been said before.
flashmozzg
Unregistered

12-17-2015, 10:18 PM -
(12-17-2015, 06:36 PM)vlj Wrote: Does that mean that HLE emulation is abandonned ?
LLE is more accurate but it prevents rpcs3 from being an out of the box experience as Dolphin does.

It was abandoned since gopalsr83 disappeared about a year ago.
theOldSport
Unregistered

12-18-2015, 02:53 AM -
(12-17-2015, 10:18 PM)flashmozzg Wrote: It was abandoned since gopalsr83 disappeared about a year ago.

Wow, I had no idea it had been abandoned. I assume LLE is of higher priority for now?
tambre
Unregistered

12-18-2015, 05:40 AM -
(12-17-2015, 10:18 PM)flashmozzg Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 06:36 PM)vlj Wrote: Does that mean that HLE emulation is abandonned ?

It was abandoned since gopalsr83 disappeared about a year ago.

I would also like to add, from my results of the search, he has deceased.
His bouncer on our old IRC channel went offline with this message:
Code:
Oct 23 19:37 -!- gopalsr83 [[email protected]] has quit [Quit: ZNC - http://znc.in]

(12-18-2015, 02:53 AM)theOldSport Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 10:18 PM)flashmozzg Wrote: It was abandoned since gopalsr83 disappeared about a year ago.

Wow, I had no idea it had been abandoned. I assume LLE is of higher priority for now?

There's nothing really to develop for LLE. It works fine as it is, and if we'd like to get all games working perfectly, we could simply improve non-HLE areas, to increase speed and RSX emulation accuracy. But it of course would be nice to also have a working HLE implementation, so everything would work out of the box.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
12-18-2015, 12:23 PM -
(12-18-2015, 05:40 AM)tambre Wrote: I would also like to add, from my results of the search, he has deceased.
That's horrible Sad
(12-18-2015, 05:40 AM)tambre Wrote: There's nothing really to develop for LLE. It works fine as it is, and if we'd like to get all games working perfectly, we could simply improve non-HLE areas, to increase speed and RSX emulation accuracy.
So is that it really? Execute some cellSpursFile.elf or whatever and you will have The Last of Us running with some improvements to RSX? Can't be that "simple" surely? (What I mean is that looking at the current state of rpcs3, is that really the only big thing left now?)
tambre
Unregistered

12-18-2015, 02:07 PM -
(12-18-2015, 12:23 PM)ssshadow Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 05:40 AM)tambre Wrote: I would also like to add, from my results of the search, he has deceased.
That's horrible Sad
(12-18-2015, 05:40 AM)tambre Wrote: There's nothing really to develop for LLE. It works fine as it is, and if we'd like to get all games working perfectly, we could simply improve non-HLE areas, to increase speed and RSX emulation accuracy.
So is that it really? Execute some cellSpursFile.elf or whatever and you will have The Last of Us running with some improvements to RSX? Can't be that "simple" surely? (What I mean is that looking at the current state of rpcs3, is that really the only big thing left now?)

There are likely still PPU and SPU emulation accuracy problems, possibly preventing modules and games from being emulated properly. One example is likely, that GTA V with LLE seems to fail, due to SPU emulation inaccuracies. RSX emulation seems to currently be the main thing blocking most of the games from working. Nekoteki could probably correct me or elaborate on the subject of the various backend problems.

Of course, the ultimate goal would be to have everything HLE'd, so everything would work out of the box, and you could modify tons of settings, maybe even add graphical improvements, higher internal resolution, etc.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
12-18-2015, 04:26 PM -
(12-18-2015, 02:07 PM)tambre Wrote:
That's horrible Sad

There are likely still PPU and SPU emulation accuracy problems, possibly preventing modules and games from being emulated properly. One example is likely, that GTA V with LLE seems to fail, due to SPU emulation inaccuracies. RSX emulation seems to currently be the main thing blocking most of the games from working. Nekoteki could probably correct me or elaborate on the subject of the various backend problems.

Of course, the ultimate goal would be to have everything HLE'd, so everything would work out of the box, and you could modify tons of settings, maybe even add graphical improvements, higher internal resolution, etc.

Fair enough. Somewhat off topic but still kind of related, but has Vlj (or someone else) considered looking at writing a Vulkan renderer when the spec and developer resources are published?
tambre
Unregistered

12-18-2015, 04:48 PM -
(12-18-2015, 04:26 PM)ssshadow Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 02:07 PM)tambre Wrote:
That's horrible Sad

Fair enough. Somewhat off topic but still kind of related, but has Vlj (or someone else) considered looking at writing a Vulkan renderer when the spec and developer resources are published?

I think he mentioned that will take a look. I also would prefer, if all other renderers were to be removed in favour of the Vulkan renderer, as from what we currently know, it includes all the benefits of DX12, with less of the negatives.