List of BD drives that read PS3 disc
Started by Stickmode

68 posts in this topic
LumbeeChief
Unregistered

06-22-2016, 03:02 AM -
Great I guess nobody is going to ever respond back. Emunewz has to be one of the worst forums ever. Waiting on a response on here is like talking to a company with the worst customer service ever. This is a very inactive forum compared to dolphin.
cuzudo
Unregistered

06-22-2016, 03:49 PM -
yeah this forum is dead
derpf
Unregistered

06-24-2016, 08:16 AM -
(06-22-2016, 03:02 AM)LumbeeChief Wrote: Great I guess nobody is going to ever respond back. Emunewz has to be one of the worst forums ever. Waiting on a response on here is like talking to a company with the worst customer service ever. This is a very inactive forum compared to dolphin.

Guess you'd better ask for a refund then. Oh wait... lol.
Stickmode
Unregistered

06-25-2016, 07:30 PM -
(06-22-2016, 03:02 AM)LumbeeChief Wrote: Great I guess nobody is going to ever respond back. Emunewz has to be one of the worst forums ever. Waiting on a response on here is like talking to a company with the worst customer service ever. This is a very inactive forum compared to dolphin.

Well, try this method my friend:
-Download PS3 Generator Tools ver. 3.30
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mg3g1l...s+3.30.rar
-Use the Disc Image Checker for Ps3 (ps3chk.exe) tool, insert your Ps3 disc in your BD-drive.
-Select your BD-drive, and let the tool reads the disc's info. Or select an ISO (it has to be made with ImgBurn or the tool will read an error).
-Then, select "Decrypt...", and mark all the files.
-Save them to a folder in your PC or create an ISO with ImgBurn.
-Run RPCS3 with the EBOOT.bin file or inside the ISO.

Done...

(04-02-2016, 07:59 AM)Renusek Wrote: BH14NS40 can read PS3 and PS4 discs too, just tested (I can see all files)

I personally recommend this. The BH14NS40 is the BEST drive on the list, not only for PS3 backups, but for future PS4 dumps when a RPCS4 emulator launches in ten years. lolBig GrinTongueWink
LumbeeChief
Unregistered

06-26-2016, 01:29 AM -
Ah great another PS3 decryption tool that doesn't work. No tool i tried so far seems to work.
With ps3chk.exe I get an error.

[Image: Capture.png]

I even get an error within RPCS3 with the files that ps3chk.exe created
[Image: Capture1.png]
Stickmode
Unregistered

06-26-2016, 02:49 PM -
I think the problem's root is the EBOOT.bin file. As the tool says, it has a copy protection that prevents read the format correctly. So, you have to PATCH this file with the correct Master Key, if not RPCS3 won't run it. The other files are ok, I need to research about it, but you have to find a tool to patch it and replace the EBOOT.bin in the folder or the ISO. I'll ask the RPCS3 team to explain this decrypting process again.
Stickmode
Unregistered

06-28-2016, 01:16 AM -
I have discovered a new method to decrypt the PS3, and remove the protection. Just try this, and let me know if it works.

-Create an ISO with ImgBurn, leave it intact without any modification.
-Install a drive emulator like Daemon Tools.
-Mount the ISO file and check the DRM protection removal with Daemon left cick menu.
-Try PS3 image check tool (ps3chk.exe), and decrypt the ISO image.

If all goes well, you'll get a decrypted PS3 game with the protection removed.

Done..

PD: if someone tries this method, post your results here. Thanks!!
LumbeeChief
Unregistered

06-30-2016, 06:11 AM -
(06-28-2016, 01:16 AM)Stickmode Wrote: I have discovered a new method to decrypt the PS3, and remove the protection. Just try this, and let me know if it works.

-Mount the ISO file and check the DRM protection removal with Daemon left cick menu.

Done..

Okay I downloaded DAEMON Tools Ultra and mounted the ISO but I don't see what you mean by "DRM protection removal with Daemon left cick menu" I don't see anything dealing with DRM protection on Daemon Tools.
Stickmode
Unregistered

07-03-2016, 01:26 AM -
(06-30-2016, 06:11 AM)LumbeeChief Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 01:16 AM)Stickmode Wrote: I have discovered a new method to decrypt the PS3, and remove the protection. Just try this, and let me know if it works.

Done..

Okay I downloaded DAEMON Tools Ultra and mounted the ISO but I don't see what you mean by "DRM protection removal with Daemon left cick menu" I don't see anything dealing with DRM protection on Daemon Tools.

Sorry, I forget to mention that the DT version used is Lite 4.49.1. I don't know if the latest version has copy protection removal features, but all I know is what this version does, and it doesn't support WIN10 or WIN8.1. It only supports upto WIN7, the copy protection removal feature is called "RMPS OFF", or if you want turn on all the removal features with left click at the tray icon, like in this picture.

I'll provide you the link to download this version here:

http://www.brothersoft.com/daemon-tools-lite-61478.html
LumbeeChief
Unregistered

07-04-2016, 07:24 PM -
I don't see anything in the program that is shown with the thumbnail you provided.