Skate 3 [BLUS30464]
Started by supergatto

76 posts in this topic
NeThZOR

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2019
03-02-2019, 03:00 PM -
Hi everyone,

With the successful boot up and the stable playability of the bLES version being reported about 2 months ago, what is the standing of this version? I would like to know if the US version is also as playable as the EU one. 

Thank you.
igorcm

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2019
03-08-2019, 02:56 PM -
i need some help for optimize skating 3 on my pc, i have a gtx960 4gb, 16gb ram dd4 and i5 6600k. My game seems to stay at 9fps and in one hour it just hangs
Asinine

2,060 posts 83 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-15-2019, 11:20 AM -
@"NeThZOR" Region shouldn't matter status is the same regardless.
@"igorcm" Use SPU+PPU LLVM, Vulkan renderer, and experiement with 1-4 spu preferred threads. the best spu value will depend on your CPU which is why I said to experiment.
MrThankUVryMuch

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2020
04-02-2020, 05:01 AM -
I've been testing this game for a bit now, and have run into some issues that I'll list here for troubleshooting or for the devs to take a look at. Excuse any ignorance that follows, I'm p new to this.

For starters, my PC shouldn't be the problem here in terms of the ability to run it. R7 2700x, 16GB DDR4, RTX 2060. With that said, I've found playing the game very hit or miss. Vulkan definitely runs better, but crashes much more often. OpenGL has far lower average FPS, but tends to last longer before freezing.

The best setup I've gotten to work is using OpenGL with "Driver Recovery Timeout" in config.yml set to >5ms. So far, it has been stable despite lower FPS. Vulkan almost always freezes after a few minutes of gameplay with these settings, like it always does.

I've also noticed certain areas of the game tend to have far worse FPS and crash it more. Carverton is one of these.

Finally, the crash always is accompanied by an error like this:
E {RSX [0x01e7b10]} RSX: nv406e:Confusedemaphore_acquire has timed out. semaphore_address=0x50300410 E {RSX [0x0059bf0]} RSX: nv406e:Confusedemaphore_acquire has timed out. semaphore_address=0x50300410

In every case I've tried, the freeze always comes with this sempahore timing out.

Hope this helps someone with the same issue and/or I can get some feedback on what my issue might be here.
gabemusicrva

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2020
04-05-2020, 04:32 AM -
(04-02-2020, 05:01 AM)MrThankUVryMuch Wrote: I've been testing this game for a bit now, and have run into some issues that I'll list here for troubleshooting or for the devs to take a look at. Excuse any ignorance that follows, I'm p new to this.

For starters, my PC shouldn't be the problem here in terms of the ability to run it. R7 2700x, 16GB DDR4, RTX 2060. With that said, I've found playing the game very hit or miss. Vulkan definitely runs better, but crashes much more often. OpenGL has far lower average FPS, but tends to last longer before freezing.

The best setup I've gotten to work is using OpenGL with "Driver Recovery Timeout" in config.yml set to >5ms. So far, it has been stable despite lower FPS. Vulkan almost always freezes after a few minutes of gameplay with these settings, like it always does.

I've also noticed certain areas of the game tend to have far worse FPS and crash it more. Carverton is one of these.

Finally, the crash always is accompanied by an error like this:
E {RSX [0x01e7b10]} RSX: nv406e:Confusedemaphore_acquire has timed out. semaphore_address=0x50300410 E {RSX [0x0059bf0]} RSX: nv406e:Confusedemaphore_acquire has timed out. semaphore_address=0x50300410

In every case I've tried, the freeze always comes with this sempahore timing out.

Hope this helps someone with the same issue and/or I can get some feedback on what my issue might be here.
Yeah, I have the same issue. I have the same CPU and RAM, except my GPU is an RX 580. Apparently, a couple of God of War games had the same error code, but their fixes didn't work or involved features that don't exist anymore. I tested Skate 2, as well, and the same thing happened. Hopefully, they fix this soon.
veeb

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2020
04-21-2020, 11:45 PM -
(04-05-2020, 04:32 AM)gabemusicrva Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 05:01 AM)MrThankUVryMuch Wrote: ...
Yeah, I have the same issue. I have the same CPU and RAM, except my GPU is an RX 580. Apparently, a couple of God of War games had the same error code, but their fixes didn't work or involved features that don't exist anymore. I tested Skate 2, as well, and the same thing happened. Hopefully, they fix this soon.
Hey, I had the same issue with crashing on a Ryzen 2700. I suspect it's an issue with the SPU decoder, because setting it to ASMJIT instead of LLVM seems to have fixed the issue for me. I also have async shader compiler disabled and the driver wake-up delay at 200, but none of that worked before changing the SPU decoder so I don't think that's too important. I might open an issue on the github about this, so if this works for anyone else I'd like to hear about it
Gumby92

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2021
04-20-2021, 06:32 AM -
I'm getting a black screen after completing certain events that won't go away and I have to reboot.

The events that have caused it so far is completing malooney cup street course and the final death race.

F VM: Access violation reading location 0xfffffffc (unmapped memory) [type=u32]

Otherwise it runs pretty well. I have an i7 7700K and a GTX 1080 ti.

I will say though, my CPU has seen better days. It acts like it has a memory leak a lot of the time, so it's not as good as it should be.