Issue with building source
Started by Chaoscode

7 posts in this topic
Chaoscode
Unregistered

11-23-2014, 11:22 PM -
I have the latest cmake installed and working. Path is correct for it .

Error 1 error MSB1009: Project file does not exist. C:\Users\Ch~\Desktop\rpcs3-master\llvm_build\MSBUILD llvm_build
Error 2 error MSB3073: The command "cmake -G "Visual Studio 12 2013 Win64" -DCMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES="Debug;Release" -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=X86 -DLLVM_BUILD_RUNTIME=OFF -DLLVM_BUILD_TOOLS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_DOCS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_EXAMPLES=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_TESTS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_TOOLS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_UTILS=OFF -DWITH_POLLY=OFF ../llvm
msbuild.exe ALL_BUILD.vcxproj /t:rebuild /p:Configuration=Debug
" exited with code 1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 43 5 llvm_build

any ideas?
tambre
Unregistered

11-24-2014, 04:18 PM -
(11-23-2014, 11:22 PM)Chaoscode Wrote: I have the latest cmake installed and working. Path is correct for it .

Error 1 error MSB1009: Project file does not exist. C:\Users\Ch~\Desktop\rpcs3-master\llvm_build\MSBUILD llvm_build
Error 2 error MSB3073: The command "cmake -G "Visual Studio 12 2013 Win64" -DCMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES="Debug;Release" -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=X86 -DLLVM_BUILD_RUNTIME=OFF -DLLVM_BUILD_TOOLS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_DOCS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_EXAMPLES=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_TESTS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_TOOLS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_UTILS=OFF -DWITH_POLLY=OFF ../llvm
" exited with code 1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 43 5 llvm_build

any ideas?

It can't find the project files.
Since you seem to be on a Windows OS I should suggest using Visual Studio to open the solution and compile it. CMake version is mostly meant for Linux. (I think)
Bigpet
Unregistered

11-24-2014, 05:01 PM -
tambre, that's what he's doing, the llvm builds are indeed using cmake to configure and create the visual studio project files for the llvm libs.

What's missing for us to help you is the output of the cmake command. It just says "exited with code 1" but the log files should contain the full output, which would contain the reason for that
t3rdball
Unregistered

12-01-2014, 02:34 PM -
I'm getting kind of the same thing, by that I mean errors regarding LLVM stuff when trying to compile on linux with cmake
Code:
nothing@nothing ~/Documents/ $ cd rpcs3 && cmake CMakeLists.txt && make && cd ../
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.8.2
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.8.2
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- No build type selected, default to Release
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:14 (add_subdirectory):
  The source directory

/home/nothing/Documents/rpcs3/asmjit

does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.

-- cotire 1.6.1 loaded.
-- Initializing RPCS3_SRC_DIR=/home/nothing/Documents/rpcs3/rpcs3
-- Found wxWidgets: TRUE  
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so;/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXext.so
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so;/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXext.so - found
-- Looking for gethostbyname
-- Looking for gethostbyname - found
-- Looking for connect
-- Looking for connect - found
-- Looking for remove
-- Looking for remove - found
-- Looking for shmat
-- Looking for shmat - found
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so
-- Found OpenGL: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so  
-- Found ZLIB: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so (found version "1.2.8")
-- Found OpenAL: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopenal.so  
CMake Error at rpcs3/CMakeLists.txt:58 (find_package):
  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "LLVM" with any of
  the following names:

LLVMConfig.cmake
    llvm-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "LLVM" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "LLVM_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "LLVM"
  provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
  installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/nothing/Documents/rpcs3/rpcs3/CMakeOutput.log".
Bigpet
Unregistered

12-01-2014, 03:58 PM -
the cmake file of rpcs3 uses the systems version of llvm instead of trying to compile it anew for now. So install your distros llvm libs or compile and install the llvm subdirectory before using the main cmake file.
gopalsr83
Unregistered

12-01-2014, 07:36 PM -
(12-01-2014, 03:58 PM)Bigpet Wrote: the cmake file of rpcs3 uses the systems version of llvm instead of trying to compile it anew for now. So install your distros llvm libs or compile and install the llvm subdirectory before using the main cmake file.

Some additions to the above:

1. You must install LLVM 3.5 libs/headers. I am not sure if it will compile with other versions of LLVM.

2. In case you cannot get the LLVM 3.5 libs/headers for your distro or if the libs/headers provided by your distro are missing the LLVM cmake config files (I faced that problem with Ubuntu precise), you can compile LLVM from source and install it to your distro. The procedure to do so is as follows:

cd <rpcs3 directory>
git submodule update --init llvm
cd llvm_build
cmake -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=X86 -DLLVM_BUILD_RUNTIME=OFF -DLLVM_BUILD_TOOLS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_DOCS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_EXAMPLES=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_TESTS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_TOOLS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_UTILS=OFF -DWITH_POLLY=OFF ../llvm
make -j 4
sudo make install
Darkriot

498 posts 29 threads Joined: Aug 2017
12-02-2014, 12:15 PM -
(11-23-2014, 11:22 PM)Chaoscode Wrote: I have the latest cmake installed and working. Path is correct for it .

any ideas?

Need install: Cmake and python, because i had same error and i forgot what i uninstalled python...(bad)

P.S. sorry for my terrible english Confused
CarlosMn
Unregistered

01-14-2015, 08:51 AM -
Have you thought about using event messages and sequencing / resequencing them, or using them with a collection ?