Raiden IV: OverKill [NPUB31371]
Started by BlackDaemon

12 posts in this topic
tchoutchou

51 posts 14 threads Joined: Aug 2017
11-05-2017, 10:27 AM -
Tested on [rpcs3-v0.0.3-2017-11-04-6782b22-8631_linux64], with a r9 fury, mesa 17.2.
Tested on OpenGl (Vulkan is slower). Got a nice framerate (almost always 60fps).
Strangely, I don't have the same behaviour if I launch it by double-clicking on the game name or by launching it by command line
(something like: rpcs3 ~/.config/rpcs3/dev_hdd0/game/NPUB31371/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN)
Command line gives me a perfect game, whereas I have artifacts by double-clicking.
Artifacts:

Perfect (by command line):

And the log file:

.gz   RPCS3.RaidenIV.log.gz (Size: 193.32 KB / Downloads: 3)
Should be moved to playable.
Do I need to say the game is hard ?
Slyponto

85 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2018
05-11-2018, 10:54 PM -
vulkan makes artifacts pop out every now and then (disable vertex cache does make it better, but it doesn't go away completely)
you have to disable gpu rendering, or you will have among other glitches, the glitch with the bottom screen desync.

opengl gives you fatal error
dxd12 freezes within seconds (but is the smoothest of all)

unless a 7700k gets the job done, the fps will drop a lot.
this is not playable... anyone who can also test this, please do it.

even with dx12, game will not be playable the whole time...

very frustating... took me quite some time to find someone who could rip this game for me, as in the internet you will only find the japanese version...
This post was last modified: 05-11-2018, 11:18 PM by Slyponto.
Laggerific

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2017
02-27-2020, 01:53 AM -
I'm not sure how much focus this game will get on here, since this is available on Steam, but while I own all the
Raiden games on Steam, I much prefer to play them through emulation, as they are typically so much more flexible, controls - graphics, and that is exactly my situation here.

Raiden IV Overkill on Steam is stuck at 1080p, and my arcade cabinet has a 4k display, and playing this on RPCS3 in 4k is dramatically cleaner.....for the most part...

That said, there are quite a few graphical glitches, regardless of GPU renderer. The Bomb icons in the bottom left, the pickups that enemies drop (like the bomb, missiles, weapons), and a few of the ground based objects.

All in all, after the few minutes I've played in rpcs3, it's absolutely the version I want to make primary on my cabinet...hoping there is a known fix for this. If not, should I file a ticket?