PSN emulation thought.
Started by gamenoob

20 posts in this topic
gamenoob
Unregistered

05-17-2014, 06:01 PM -
(05-17-2014, 05:16 PM)AlexAltea Wrote: [b]
How do you know that? Big Grin (Just an innocent question, I never researched about this).

You can think of xlink kie or similar application which relay on system link. Though I do not have rigid knowledge on this matter. In case of system linked multiplayer games, two or multiple ps3(or xbox360 or pc) can play games together. Why does this happen? Surely xlink-kie guys do not reverse every psn/xbl stuff and make their own online sprx,eboots,xbe,xex etc with which ps3 interacts. They are merely a medium to connect consoles. Sort of: role of tracker in bittorrent system. Now this type of online interaction should be easy to emulate, as it is generic. I referred to this point. Smile

uplay type DRM system can also be reversed. But it should involve specific games, it is not generic. "Code for prince of persia" NOT EQUAL TO "code for assassin's creed". However, not everybody loves every ps3 games. Curious people can give it a hand for their preferred game. Lets say people A, B and C reversed prince of persia and D,E reversed assassin's creed. It is not hypothetical, people have done it earlier. We can refer "ubisoft server emulator". Just the bad point is, you gotta hunt for specific games.

I guess the hardest type to beat is: A game heavily tied to online. Even physics interaction, particle system, shaders etc.

Now about ban wave. I have been with ps3 scene quite a lot of time. I witnessed the epic failure, ecdsa, collapse of chain of trust, lv keys leaking. Anyway, I think they detect some kind of ID, folks refer as "console ID". In xbox, there are processes(think of trusted male-ware from manufacture) to detect the firmware version. But in case of ps3, I don't surely know if there is any background process. But there is some way to know ps3's firmware version, the games/video/audios you are playing, virtually everything. Now you can really manage all of them upto "cell boot ring". As of I know, this has not been compromised yet. And somehow I think it will not be compromised either(sixth sense stuff Big Grin). So it is very highly probable that you will be banned if caught using cfw or emulator.
derpf
Unregistered

05-17-2014, 11:57 PM -
Cool, sounds like you should start rounding together a group of reverse engineers and start cracking some of those PS3 games then. Otherwise they will eventually stop working if <game publisher here> does not provide a patch to disable it. That's what people get for investing in companies like Ubisoft, who use destructive DRM, though!
Hykem
Unregistered

05-18-2014, 03:17 PM -
Well, using old consoles as an example, certain studios and developers are happy to release their client-server source code after they have been abandoned. So, later in the future we may have our work reduced.
Either way, the DRM can be reverse-engineered and for something like the annoying Ubisoft's Uplay we will have to not only reverse how each game uses it, but we will also need to provide an emulated sandbox to mimic the original server.
This is no easy task, but I have plans to work on it later into development.

On a side note, we are partnering up with the Aixen project (https://github.com/haneefmubarak/Aixen ) for an online multiplayer service, which seems, to me, a more plausible mid-term goal right now.
Ekaseo
Unregistered

05-18-2014, 05:06 PM -
Hykem, when do you think you can work on spurs? just asking out of curiosity Smile
Darkriot

498 posts 29 threads Joined: Aug 2017
05-18-2014, 07:45 PM -
(05-18-2014, 05:06 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: Hykem, when do you think you can work on spurs? just asking out of curiosity Smile

+
rafaPS360gamer
Unregistered

05-18-2014, 10:33 PM -
About Assassins creed 2: Console versions of that game dont have DRM(the PC version has). The only games that require internet connection on ps3(correct me if i'm wrong) are online-only games (MAG,Metal gear online, socom4,..)

You DONT need an internet connection to play splitscreen. I can play uncharted 3 splitscreen offline on ps3.
You dont need internet either for system link 2 ps3's.
BTW i would like to know, is system link possible on emulator ?
d875j
Unregistered

05-18-2014, 10:38 PM -
I would say don't worry about ps3 games that already on PC the whole point is to play exclusives on PC.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
05-18-2014, 10:54 PM -
(05-18-2014, 10:33 PM)rafaPS360gamer Wrote: About Assassins creed 2: Console versions of that game dont have DRM(the PC version has). The only games that require internet connection on ps3(correct me if i'm wrong) are online-only games (MAG,Metal gear online, socom4,..)

You DONT need an internet connection to play splitscreen. I can play uncharted 3 splitscreen offline on ps3.
You dont need internet either for system link 2 ps3's.
BTW i would like to know, is system link possible on emulator ?

System link can absolutely be done, but I don't think anyone has touched it yet (for obvious reasons).

(05-18-2014, 10:38 PM)d875j Wrote: I would say don't worry about ps3 games that already on PC the whole point is to play exclusives on PC.

Really the emulator should be good enough to play all games. Besides, if you get for instance GTA V working, Assasins Creend shouldn't be much of an issue one would think.

About spurs: don't forget is it probably "useless" in 99% of all games without at least those ~30 gcm commands (and a ton of other work with graphics probably), as well as the ppu recompiler for > 0,1 fps speed... Of course the gcm commands are mostly "useless" without spurs since almost all games uses it, and so on. Basically: a lot of stuff needs to be done, and let's not forget about the endless amount of issues that exists within what rpcs3 can already do Smile So I don't think we will see a lot of new games run with just spurs. Probably a few here and there, but anything intense will probably be horribly broken in other ways too. That said, it is indeed a very important part of the puzzle, so to speak.
Blackbird
Unregistered

05-19-2014, 12:50 PM -
You guys can stop with AC2 having always-online DRM on PC, because that was removed ages ago.
Betonar
Unregistered

05-19-2014, 01:09 PM -
(05-19-2014, 12:50 PM)Blackbird Wrote: You guys can stop with AC2 having always-online DRM on PC, because that was removed ages ago.
Yep, I said that when I first mentioned that DRM. I also said that I know nothink about PS3 DRMs....