Disgaea D2 [BLES01939]
Started by ssshadow

62 posts in this topic
Kilowog01
Unregistered

10-16-2016, 03:24 AM -
(10-15-2016, 09:47 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Loading times are still insane, we are taking 10 minutes after the intro and loading the first scene outside, but if you enable a bunch of audio modules music and voice acting is kind of working. It will usually play for a bit and then cut off, but sometimes reappear when it feels like it.

The game is working, even with the PPU recompiler which helps the frame rate a little bit (but not loading times), it just sounds terrible and takes forever to load. And this is some kind of I/O issue because CPU usage is only around 3 % when loading...

Code:
- libac3dec.prx
    - libac3dec2.prx
    - libadec.prx
    - libat3dec.prx
    - libatrac3plus.prx
    - libatxdec.prx
    - libfont.prx
    - libfontFT.prx
    - libfreetype.prx
    - libfreetypeTT.prx
    - libfs.prx
    - libjpgdec.prx
    - libl10n.prx
    - libm2aacdec.prx
    - libm4aacdec.prx
    - libm4aacdec2ch.prx
    - libm4aacdec2chmod.prx
    - libm4aacdec2chmod2.prx
    - libmp3dec.prx
    - libmp3sdec.prx
    - libmpl1dec.prx
    - libpamf.prx
    - libpngdec.prx
    - libresc.prx
    - librtc.prx
    - libspurs_jq.prx
    - libsre.prx
    - libwmadec.prx
I'm trying this game now for the first time using this LLE's, recompiler in both options and DX12. The first thing I found strange is that rpcs3 apparently stopped responding but after a few seconds several things appeared green in the log and a black screen with 0 fps emerged. The screen keeps rolling as I write this post, I will leave it to see if something happens.
You guys are using which build?
EDIT:
16 minutes later and nothing, no crash, nothing new on log...i don't know what to do
EDIT:
i stoped with 22 minutes of test, added the log.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
10-16-2016, 12:06 PM -
Fairly sure that was on the latest build. I don't really see any particular error in the log. Maybe try with fast PPU interpreter and OpenGL. In my case it displays a loading screen after just a few seconds, but doesn't display the opening video. (If I LLE more PAMF modules and such it just crashes instead).

Yes the PPU recompiler will "hang" the emulator when you start games as it's actually compiling in the background, you can see rpcs3.exe use like >1 GB of RAM in task manager when this is happening.
Lemiru

13 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2017
10-16-2016, 07:45 PM -
(10-16-2016, 03:24 AM)Kilowog01 Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 09:47 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Loading times are still insane, we are taking 10 minutes after the intro and loading the first scene outside, but if you enable a bunch of audio modules music and voice acting is kind of working. It will usually play for a bit and then cut off, but sometimes reappear when it feels like it.

The game is working, even with the PPU recompiler which helps the frame rate a little bit (but not loading times), it just sounds terrible and takes forever to load. And this is some kind of I/O issue because CPU usage is only around 3 % when loading...

Code:
- libac3dec.prx
    - libac3dec2.prx
    - libadec.prx
    - libat3dec.prx
    - libatrac3plus.prx
    - libatxdec.prx
    - libfont.prx
    - libfontFT.prx
    - libfreetype.prx
    - libfreetypeTT.prx
    - libfs.prx
    - libjpgdec.prx
    - libl10n.prx
    - libm2aacdec.prx
    - libm4aacdec.prx
    - libm4aacdec2ch.prx
    - libm4aacdec2chmod.prx
    - libm4aacdec2chmod2.prx
    - libmp3dec.prx
    - libmp3sdec.prx
    - libmpl1dec.prx
    - libpamf.prx
    - libpngdec.prx
    - libresc.prx
    - librtc.prx
    - libspurs_jq.prx
    - libsre.prx
    - libwmadec.prx
I'm trying this game now for the first time using this LLE's, recompiler in both options and DX12. The first thing I found strange is that rpcs3 apparently stopped responding but after a few seconds several things appeared green in the log and a black screen with 0 fps emerged. The screen keeps rolling as I write this post, I will leave it to see if something happens.
EDIT:
16 minutes later and nothing, no crash, nothing new on log...i don't know what to do
EDIT:
Too much unnecessary LLE's. Try this:
Code:
- libac3dec.prx
    - libac3dec2.prx
    - libadec.prx
    - libat3dec.prx
    - libatrac3plus.prx
    - libatxdec.prx
    - libfs.prx
    - libl10n.prx
    - libpamf.prx
    - libresc.prx
    - librtc.prx
    - libspurs_jq.prx
    - libsre.prx
Kilowog01
Unregistered

10-17-2016, 04:32 PM -
(10-16-2016, 07:45 PM)Lemiru Wrote:
(10-16-2016, 03:24 AM)Kilowog01 Wrote:

Code:
- libac3dec.prx
    - libac3dec2.prx
    - libadec.prx
    - libat3dec.prx
    - libatrac3plus.prx
    - libatxdec.prx
    - libfont.prx
    - libfontFT.prx
    - libfreetype.prx
    - libfreetypeTT.prx
    - libfs.prx
    - libjpgdec.prx
    - libl10n.prx
    - libm2aacdec.prx
    - libm4aacdec.prx
    - libm4aacdec2ch.prx
    - libm4aacdec2chmod.prx
    - libm4aacdec2chmod2.prx
    - libmp3dec.prx
    - libmp3sdec.prx
    - libmpl1dec.prx
    - libpamf.prx
    - libpngdec.prx
    - libresc.prx
    - librtc.prx
    - libspurs_jq.prx
    - libsre.prx
    - libwmadec.prx
EDIT:
EDIT:
Too much unnecessary LLE's. Try this:
Code:
- libac3dec.prx
    - libac3dec2.prx
    - libadec.prx
    - libat3dec.prx
    - libatrac3plus.prx
    - libatxdec.prx
    - libfs.prx
    - libl10n.prx
    - libpamf.prx
    - libresc.prx
    - librtc.prx
    - libspurs_jq.prx
    - libsre.prx

Choose your D3D Adapter apparently makes the fps drop (at least with opengl)

OpenGL - The sound seems less glitched, 75fps on menu, 15 during the game
DX12 - 8 fps on menu, 10 during the game
Vulkan - 90fps on menu and 26fps during the game and i can hear the voice of the character sometimes.
emmaus
Unregistered

10-23-2016, 08:05 PM -
just tried it now with vulkan.it has been a while since i tested a game on rpcs3. i noticed that the recompilation does not take long like before, disgaea d2 finished in 1-2 minutes, compared to like 10-20 minutes before, on my intel 4210u. i got 20+ fps on the prinny load screen. 30-35 on start screen and 1.7 fps on new game intro.
BlackDaemon

844 posts 374 threads Joined: Aug 2017
01-25-2017, 07:56 AM -
Goes ingame for me on recent master build v0.0.1-8-60bd2fb with some glitches on OpenGL renderer. It takes a while to load between game scenes/levels, be patient. Attached save in case, if you want to skip first cutscenes (have no idea, why it saved with digital gameID). With Vulkan crashes after selecting "New Game".

LLE used
Code:
- libadec.prx
- libat3dec.prx
- libatrac3plus.prx
- libatxdec.prx
- libl10n.prx
- libpamf.prx
- libresc.prx
- librtc.prx
- libspurs_jq.prx
- libsre.prx
Lemiru

13 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2017
01-25-2017, 09:02 PM -
(01-25-2017, 07:56 AM)BlackDaemon Wrote: With Vulkan crashes after selecting "New Game".
That's strange because for me this game works with Vulcan without any crashes.

Here's my RPCS3.log file:
BlackDaemon

844 posts 374 threads Joined: Aug 2017
01-26-2017, 12:02 AM -
Updating Nvidia drivers from 368.69 to 376.33 solved Vulkan crashes for me.
NewSongZ
Unregistered

01-30-2017, 08:24 PM -
I can't run into the menu if I chose LLVM PPU Decoder with latest build.
Ani
Administrator

4,264 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
01-30-2017, 08:44 PM -
(01-30-2017, 08:24 PM)NewSongZ Wrote: I can't run into the menu if I chose LLVM PPU Decoder with latest build.

Did you follow BlackDaemon's instructions above?
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux