Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots [BLES00246]
Started by Blackbird

105 posts in this topic
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
12-14-2014, 07:08 PM -
Doesn't seem to do much at all, doesn't even start the RSX thread...
Blackbird
Unregistered

12-23-2014, 01:17 PM -
(12-14-2014, 07:08 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Doesn't seem to do much at all, doesn't even start the RSX thread...

Yeah that isn't much of a surprise as MGS games always require the emulator to be accurate as fuck. I remember MGS2/3 in PCSX2 being buggy messes for a long time. Twin Snakes in Dolphin was also crashfest for some time Big Grin

I hope this thread will stay so in few years I'll be able to post some real screens and this will hopefully replace my PS3 Smile

Also I am really interested how will you handle the flashback sequence. I imagine that will be one of the hardest things to implement.
derpf
Unregistered

12-24-2014, 10:27 AM -
(12-23-2014, 01:17 PM)Blackbird Wrote: Also I am really interested how will you handle the flashback sequence. I imagine that will be one of the hardest things to implement.

What/why?
Blackbird
Unregistered

12-24-2014, 12:19 PM -
(12-24-2014, 10:27 AM)derpf Wrote:
(12-23-2014, 01:17 PM)Blackbird Wrote: Also I am really interested how will you handle the flashback sequence. I imagine that will be one of the hardest things to implement.

What/why?

The game calls PS3's internal PS1 emulator to launch MGS1 Big Grin
AFAIK not even PPSSPP supports POPS.

So you'll most likely need dump of the emulator ie. ps1_emu itself and then make it work.

When the game finally boots to menu I'll try my save which is literally right before the flashback sequence.
katanapuffin
Unregistered

08-09-2015, 08:21 AM -
Hi mates! Wink
Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian Sad
I am very interested in this emulator to be able to play MGS4 ... is it possible? I do not know much, I ask how the work is progressing?
tambre
Unregistered

08-09-2015, 01:40 PM -
(08-09-2015, 08:21 AM)katanapuffin Wrote: Hi mates! Wink
Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian Sad
I am very interested in this emulator to be able to play MGS4 ... is it possible? I do not know much, I ask how the work is progressing?

Please read the FAQ.
NakedSaru
Unregistered

07-10-2016, 07:25 PM -
(12-24-2014, 12:19 PM)Blackbird Wrote:

What/why?

So you'll most likely need dump of the emulator ie. ps1_emu itself and then make it work.

When the game finally boots to menu I'll try my save which is literally right before the flashback sequence.

Have you found a solution yet on how to make MGS4 playable on PS3 You better not give up on me DAMNIT!
Darkriot

498 posts 29 threads Joined: Aug 2017
07-11-2016, 06:52 AM -
(07-10-2016, 07:25 PM)NakedSaru Wrote:

What/why?

Have you found a solution yet on how to make MGS4 playable on PS3 You better not give up on me DAMNIT!

what are you talking about? Developers can't just do this game playable for you or someone else, because they make an emulator, not certain game for emulator.

Just wait for 2-3 years for possibility play it...(maybe)
And for the next time, please, read the FAQ on "General Discussion" section
NakedSaru
Unregistered

07-11-2016, 02:10 PM -
(07-11-2016, 06:52 AM)Darkriot Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 07:25 PM)NakedSaru Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 10:27 AM)derpf Wrote: What/why?

what are you talking about? Developers can't just do this game playable for you or someone else, because they make an emulator, not certain game for emulator.

Just wait for 2-3 years for possibility play it...(maybe)
And for the next time, please, read the FAQ on "General Discussion" section

Why should you be the one speaking for blackbird, as if I asked him, he has been working on that, And I asked him if there was something new, if he's development was still in progress, yet you go on answer me for him stop doing that, as it is improper behaviour which should not be acceptable, I am trying to get some news and answers about the development, not some guy saying

''What are you talking about developers can't just do this game playable for you or someone else because they make an emulator''

Thats not even the question I asked, I asked him if he has made mgs4 playable ''yet'' Note the word yet as I said that Have you made it playable? I am not saying You should make it playable right now, Its a slight question that I am not sure about, When you have the word ''yet'' In the questions, Then thats not demanding someone to make something for you or expect something from him, but rather ask a question about ''Have you found a way''' which is basicly easy to understand which you didn't.

What you should do is stop speaking for people when they can have a different answer, than yours so stop being a guy who thinks he can speak for everyone only because he's got insane good reputation, I want this thread to countinue aswell, perhaps because ''he said I hope that we will countinue this thread''

And actually emulator are mean't to make the PC be able to simulate PS3's software and hardware to make it compatible, ofc programming and coding requires, But you know what emulator's are exactly for and thats making PS3 games compatible with PC via PS3's Software on PC

Why are you calling it a Emulator if you are stating that It won't work on certain games, which is obviously the point
Ekaseo
Unregistered

07-11-2016, 03:53 PM -
its true that certain games wont work, those are online only games that require you to connect to psn to play.
This emulator does not emulate the OS, just the hardware. Its still in early alpha, most games dont work, and the devs dont develop to make a certain game work (meaning implementing everything specific that the game needs), they work on everything that needs to be done.