Started by tr4nquility

102 posts in this topic
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
10-02-2016, 08:45 PM -
(10-02-2016, 05:08 PM)baiuu Wrote:
(08-26-2016, 01:30 PM)Nezarn Wrote:
(08-26-2016, 12:38 PM)ssshadow Wrote: It probably doesn't make a difference but this game can run in 1080p, so you can always try that too.

i tried it but doesn't make any difference, random black screen (and from what i noticed it goes into a loop loading (loading symbol comes up for 2 sec, disappears -> repeat)
I can't run this game. What should I do? Is the ganme data corrupt?

Attach the full log file.
Nezarn
Unregistered

10-03-2016, 07:49 AM -
(10-02-2016, 05:08 PM)baiuu Wrote: I can't run this game. What should I do? Is the ganme data corrupt?

If you just copy the disc game to dev_hdd0 it won't work, you need to either install it by booting with the boot game option (while you don't have the game files in dev_hdd0), or if you don't want to have the game 2x on your hdd (since its quite big), install it manually.

For me this is how the game's folder looks like (with manual install)

[Image: Br9eCc3.png]
rauldj
Unregistered

10-03-2016, 08:22 PM -
(10-03-2016, 07:49 AM)Nezarn Wrote: If you just copy the disc game to dev_hdd0 it won't work,

Well, that was exactly what I did to solve the "Game Data is corrupt." problem.

Just had to delete the "PS3_DISC.SFB" file and I can run the game from the "installed games" list.
baiuu
Unregistered

10-04-2016, 04:54 AM -
(10-03-2016, 07:49 AM)Nezarn Wrote:
(10-02-2016, 05:08 PM)baiuu Wrote: I can't run this game. What should I do? Is the ganme data corrupt?

If you just copy the disc game to dev_hdd0 it won't work, you need to either install it by booting with the boot game option (while you don't have the game files in dev_hdd0), or if you don't want to have the game 2x on your hdd (since its quite big), install it manually.

For me this is how the game's folder looks like (with manual install)

[Image: Br9eCc3.png]

Thanks I can play.
ssshadow
Administrator

11-01-2016, 05:19 PM -
With my rudimentary knowledge of C++ I tried to work around loading for the Atelier games and AT3 as they have the same issue, if a save file is present it crashes when it checks if a save is present, before the main menu.

Anyway, they all reach the main menu with my hacked build but the Atelier games crash in the main thread after loading, and AT3 behaves weirdly and puts you in an empty starting town... However the problem is not directly inside cellSaveData.cpp. For instance the pointer that is supposed to contain a file path just points to nothing/invalid memory and therefore you get an access violation and a crash. This is likely caused by a deeper emulation issue, beyond my abilities.

Anyway here is my hacked build and some save games, purely if you want to run around an empty starting town in this game: https://mega.nz/#!N4sT1aaA!oi-vAbzplodVY...Qpz_J2tllw

Important: delete the settings file for the each of the games as the game will crash if they are present (because I hard coded the file name "USR-DATA" to avoid an access violation when dereferencing the pointer...)

I suppose an absolutely insane and stupid workaround if you desperately need to play this game would be to ignore everything and simply feed cellSaveData with hard coded correct binary data yourself (like I did with file name and path...)

tl;dr
[Image: aLwg8FN.png]
rauldj
Unregistered

11-01-2016, 07:46 PM -
So, the savedata load problem will be really hard to fix and we should not expect it to work soon, right?
ssshadow
Administrator

11-01-2016, 08:14 PM -
(11-01-2016, 07:46 PM)rauldj Wrote: So, the savedata load problem will be really hard to fix and we should not expect it to work soon, right?

I don't know, I have no real understanding of how this emulator really works (or some features of C++ even) so of course it's hard for me, but maybe it's an easy fix for someone else. It's probably not a trivial problem. If someone decides to fix it then it will be fixed, but I don't think anyone is actually doing anything about it right now.
rauldj
Unregistered

11-02-2016, 12:07 AM -
Yeah, it will be more interesting if someone gets the game running for more than five minutes without problems LOL.
Nezarn
Unregistered

11-02-2016, 09:45 AM -
(11-01-2016, 05:19 PM)ssshadow Wrote: With my rudimentary knowledge of C++ I tried to work around loading for the Atelier games and AT3 as they have the same issue, if a save file is present it crashes when it checks if a save is present, before the main menu.

Anyway, they all reach the main menu with my hacked build but the Atelier games crash in the main thread after loading, and AT3 behaves weirdly and puts you in an empty starting town... However the problem is not directly inside cellSaveData.cpp. For instance the pointer that is supposed to contain a file path just points to nothing/invalid memory and therefore you get an access violation and a crash. This is likely caused by a deeper emulation issue, beyond my abilities.

Anyway here is my hacked build and some save games, purely if you want to run around an empty starting town in this game: https://mega.nz/#!N4sT1aaA!oi-vAbzplodVY...Qpz_J2tllw

Important: delete the settings file for the each of the games as the game will crash if they are present (because I hard coded the file name "USR-DATA" to avoid an access violation when dereferencing the pointer...)

I suppose an absolutely insane and stupid workaround if you desperately need to play this game would be to ignore everything and simply feed cellSaveData with hard coded correct binary data yourself (like I did with file name and path...)

tl;dr
[Image: aLwg8FN.png]

OFC your "hacked" save is broken when its still Encrypted LOL. (rpcs3 can't handle encrypted saves.)
ssshadow
Administrator

11-02-2016, 10:19 AM -
Ah fuck, somewhere when copying saves between my PS3, the build folder, and actual install of rpcs3 with all game data I ended up using the wrong files (?°?°)?? ???

The game is "working" now, here I am like 50 hours in or something:

That said it's rather unstable. Just like at the start of the game dialogue boxes can freeze, infinite loading, black screen of death and so on.

Updated build with a working save: https://mega.nz/#!U1UFSYpS!aObMFSNlJWKmj...aDXo2MmLAI
This time you can keep the settings file and all that, the bug has been worked around with some try-catch magic.

The Atelier games also work.