Emulation and achivement system.
Started by BuldozerX

29 posts in this topic
Hykem
Unregistered

03-23-2013, 03:10 AM -
Obviously I was talking about a side private server to emulate such features. Sony wouldn't be very happy with having games accessing the PSN via rpcs3, even though it would be possible.
Some features can just be fooled within the game, but others require a server-side authentification. This shall only be possible when mounting PSN like servers is possible.
Runo
Unregistered

03-23-2013, 08:19 PM -
(03-23-2013, 03:10 AM)Hykem Wrote: This shall only be possible when mounting PSN like servers is possible.

And how is that possible? do we have access to whatever scripts and/or whatever proprietary software they run there?

Or are you talking about reverse engineering the server's behavior? Not that that wouldn't be possible, I think, but God...
Ekaseo
Unregistered

03-23-2013, 09:02 PM -
well, its nice and all but isnt it too much work for a 100% achievement system? i would be fine even without it, i dont think its that important to think about it now in these early stages of developement :/ .
montcer9012
Unregistered

03-23-2013, 09:21 PM -
Ekaseo is right hahahaha. The chickens can't be count before they born.
Runo
Unregistered

03-23-2013, 10:23 PM -
(03-23-2013, 09:02 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: well, its nice and all but isnt it too much work for a 100% achievement system? i would be fine even without it, i dont think its that important to think about it now in these early stages of developement :/ .

I agree with you, but there is nothing wrong with speculating about the technical challenges that emulating the PS3 system will be. I was just giving the subject some thought, that's all Tongue
Hykem
Unregistered

03-23-2013, 11:46 PM -
(03-23-2013, 08:19 PM)Runo Wrote:
(03-23-2013, 03:10 AM)Hykem Wrote: This shall only be possible when mounting PSN like servers is possible.

And how is that possible? do we have access to whatever scripts and/or whatever proprietary software they run there?

Or are you talking about reverse engineering the server's behavior? Not that that wouldn't be possible, I think, but God...

Yes, that's what I was thinking. I know, insane... xD
Anyway, we're just purely speculating about something for a very distant future. It's not a priority right now, but one day, who knows? Maybe we'll find a way to make it. Wink
Ekaseo
Unregistered

03-23-2013, 11:58 PM -
(03-23-2013, 11:46 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(03-23-2013, 08:19 PM)Runo Wrote:

Yes, that's what I was thinking. I know, insane... xD
Anyway, we're just purely speculating about something for a very distant future. It's not a priority right now, but one day, who knows? Maybe we'll find a way to make it. Wink

i just want you ppl to make a good emu, so take your time and we will patiently wait for new revisions (well to tell the truth, i cant wait much longer Big Grin )
Runo
Unregistered

03-24-2013, 12:13 AM -
(03-23-2013, 11:58 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: i just want you ppl to make a good emu, so take your time and we will patiently wait for new revisions (well to tell the truth, i cant wait much longer Big Grin )

Revision number is really overrated. What really counts is the content of the revs (and each time the devs post one has been a Christmas for me so far Tongue)
Specially at this early stage, revisions tend to be scarce, but make much more difference in the way the emulator works, because they deal with core stuff, and they usually implement new stuff rather than fixing things Wink

(03-23-2013, 11:46 PM)Hykem Wrote: Yes, that's what I was thinking. I know, insane... xD

Well said Big Grin
Ekaseo
Unregistered

03-24-2013, 10:56 AM -
(03-24-2013, 12:13 AM)Runo Wrote: Revision number is really overrated. What really counts is the content of the revs (and each time the devs post one has been a Christmas for me so far Tongue)
Specially at this early stage, revisions tend to be scarce, but make much more difference in the way the emulator works, because they deal with core stuff, and they usually implement new stuff rather than fixing things

i know that, its just that i would be happy for any progress on rpcs3 Smile thats all i wanted to say
Runo
Unregistered

03-25-2013, 12:04 AM -
(03-24-2013, 10:56 AM)Ekaseo Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 12:13 AM)Runo Wrote: Revision number is really overrated. What really counts is the content of the revs (and each time the devs post one has been a Christmas for me so far Tongue)
Specially at this early stage, revisions tend to be scarce, but make much more difference in the way the emulator works, because they deal with core stuff, and they usually implement new stuff rather than fixing things

i know that, its just that i would be happy for any progress on rpcs3 Smile thats all i wanted to say

Aye, we all do ! Big Grin