Metal Gear Solid HD Collection [BLES01419] - Peace Walker randomly drops to 1-2 Fps
Started by SirRichy

0 posts in this topic
SirRichy

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2024
06-25-2024, 05:05 PM -
Hello guys,

I successfully played through MGS 3 and MGS 4, but I can't manage to run Peace Walker properly. After some minutes in one area I get severe FPS drops, when I leave the area the FPS go back to normal again. Tried multiple settings: Changing XFloat accuracy, SPU Threads/Scheduler, loop detection on/off, AA or AF to auto/disabled, changing shader quality, multithreaded RSX on/off etc... When capturing a video of the game, I noticed the slowdown happened during a codec call. So maybe it has to do with the audio?

I checked the forums and this guy here had a similar problem. Difference is that my fps don't go up again, I play on a lower resolution than him and have different specs. 
https://forums.rpcs3.net/showthread.php?...ace+walker

specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
MSI B550-A PRO
G.Skill F4-3200C16-16GVK
Powercolor AMD Radeon RX 6600XT
SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

I'm using the latest GPU drivers and the latest build of RPCS3.

Video:
https://youtu.be/Wry1ZVR3PbE

0:00 Everything fine, FPS high
8:14 Severe frame drops
10:55 Moving to next area -> FPS stabilize instantly

edit 11:07.2024
Found a workaround so I could finish the game - however it will be a frustrating experience sometimes. When slowdowns happen I either restart the mission or move back to another area and that usually fixes it.

If it happens during bossfights or in longer missions then I ALT+Tab and rightclick on the Metal gear Solid HD collection in RPCS3. Then I click on "change Custom Configuration". In the window I click on "Apply" and then "Save custom configuration". If it doesn't help -> rinse and repeat. It fixes the issue temporarily everytime you do those steps.

I also activated "Pause emulation on RPCS3 focus loss" so I can gather AI parts after bossfights when those lags occur.
This post was last modified: 07-11-2024, 03:17 PM by SirRichy.

Attached Files
.7z   mgs peace walker log.7z (Size: 1.68 MB / Downloads: 0)