Tales of Graces f [BLES01617] booted up normally in the past but not anymore?
Started by Bienfu

1 posts in this topic
Bienfu

2 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2024
05-25-2024, 07:11 PM -
Greetings everybody,

all of a sudden Tales of Graces f refuses to boot properly anymore. It starts the PPU compiling process and shows the first 3 logo screens, but when the intro is supposed to start the game just hangs on a black screen forever.

It’s weird because I’ve been playing the game for weeks now without any trouble. The only thing I ever changed – right at the beginning a couple weeks ago – was setting the Framelimit to “PS3 native” as is recommended on the wiki page, other than that I left everything else at the default settings and I was pleased that it worked flawlessly right off the bat.

Yet suddenly, the game won’t load the Intro sequence anymore, and I cannot move past the first couple logo screens. It worked fine today in the morning, but today in the afternoon it doesn’t work anymore.

I’ve tried messing with the settings a bit and updating RPCS3, but to no avail. I should mention that I’ve been playing with version rpcs3-v0.0.32-16436-70e40ce8_win64 up until today, and when it stopped working I decided to upgrade to version rpcs3-v0.0.32-16534-21c03b74_win64, though that didn’t seem to help.

I’ve checked my computer for potential malware and the only new software that was installed to day was an update of Microsoft Edge (can this be related? Probably not…?)

My system specs:
Acer Nitro 5 AN517-51-74SE Gaming-Notebook
Windows 10, 64-bit
Processor: intel core i7, i7-9750H, 2.6 GHz, Hexa-Core, 9th Gen
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti
RAM: 16 GB, DDR4 SDRAM

Hopefully somebody has an idea what might be causing the issue, and how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 165.64 KB / Downloads: 1)
This post was last modified: 05-26-2024, 04:36 AM by Bienfu.
Bienfu

2 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2024
05-31-2024, 09:06 PM -
Problem solved, guys, now it works again! I still don't know the exact cause or anything, but after installing today's update and removing the entire cache from the game, it seems the problem is gone. No idea whether it was the emulator update or the removal of the cache, or maybe both.