Modern Warfare 1 keeps crashing on Mac (solved)
Started by Macroplanet

2 posts in this topic
Macroplanet

4 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2024
04-30-2024, 06:23 AM -
Update: I've been experimenting with emulation on Steam Deck and i managed to get MW1 perfectly working on it. No need for a fix anymore, i guess... (how do i delete these posts)

I don't want to be that guy who posts about multiple different problems on here, but this issue has been bothering me for a while now and i can't find a solution anywhere. Every time i try to boot up Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, it only gets past the starting logo and immediately hard crashes both the game and the emulator. I've been trying multiple times to get the game working, and i actually got it working once- all i did was turn off libvdec (i turned it on to get Def Jam: Icon to work). My controller wasn't working so i had to turn it off, and ever since, even with that firmware still off it won't stop crashing. Does the game just not work on my hardware, or is there something i'm missing? I've updated to the latest version, i turned on the option recommended by the wiki, but as of now nothing has worked. I'd appreciate some kind of help.

I use a current-gen MacBook Pro with an Apple M2 Pro chip.
This post was last modified: 05-09-2024, 09:30 AM by Macroplanet.
yurinator557
RPCS3 Tester

365 posts 44 threads Joined: Jul 2019
05-05-2024, 09:06 AM -
Missing log file
Macroplanet

4 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2024
05-08-2024, 07:43 AM -
ok... so i know how to open the log viewer, but i don't know how to send you the log file after the game crashes. it doesn't show up in the cache folder of my macbook's library- in fact, nothing relating to rpcs3 is on there. i would try copying and pasting what's on it, but every time i exit out of a game on rpcs3 (or in this case, when one hard crashes), it gives me a "segfault reading location" error message and automatically closes the emulator. while this error message is up the cursor is permanently in loading mode until i get out of the error message. how am i supposed to send the log file???