MGS 2 HD, 3 HD and 4 RPCS3 Save to PS3
Started by Kanye Jesus

0 posts in this topic
Kanye Jesus

2 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2024
04-28-2024, 06:11 AM -
So I played these on RPCS3 as US Versions

Metal Gear Solid 2 HD (Save File Name: Master.bin & Data.bin)
    Metal Gear Solid 3 HD (Save File Name: Master.bin & Data.bin)
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Save File Name: MGS4.SAV)

I have now bought a PS3 as my PC played decent but the crashes and wanting the real experience, got the EU Version of all just cause my PS3 was EU (I know it has no Region Locks). I looked through many forms and after hours I got the idea that RPCS3 Save Files are already decrypted so I first saw Bruteforce Save Data 4.4.2
and RPCS3 Save showed up as "Key Unreadable" so then the only thing I did was to change the region which worked and as I didn't know how to "Inject one save to another" I went to my PS3 and tried using Apollo Save, and after more hours, I got it, decrypted a new save file made in that same (MGS4) and take my file through FTP and replaced the MGS4.SAV and encrypted it again by importing and then resigning it, but when I load the save in game, it shows as corrupted save, as for the reason why,  I saw as other see their file as just BLES00246 and nothing written in front of it, MGS4 saves write every point you save to some string of characters as I have mine BLES00246G662D42B0 of PS3 save and BLES00246G63627568 of RPCS3 save, as the folder made and in file name, so it seems I cannot inject it, that's why I first tried to do it in Apollo, and it had given me error as file not found as it is not the same. Is there any way or someone making a application on PC or PS3, where you can input PS3 Save and and RPCS3 Save and make changed as region, and it can convert in any other way. I have zero to no hopes for MGS 2 HD and 3 HD now so I will not try it on that either so it seems I will never have the first play of these saves where I unlocked a lot of stuff, and will have to play these again as it takes forever to go into hex of PS3 save file. If I did anything wrong, let me know and if there is any other way of doing it (btw I did have PSID and IDPS)

Used this guide on Reddit Thread "Rpcs3 Save Files to PS3 Possible?"

RPCS3 MGS4 Custom Build: Cipherxof
Don't remember MGS 2 HD and 3 HD Build versions