RPCS3 - Memory in Dual Channel vs Single Channel?
Started by xZabuzax

1 posts in this topic
xZabuzax

15 posts 3 threads Joined: Dec 2017
04-14-2024, 02:39 AM -
How badly does the memory in Single Channel affect the performance of RPCS3 in a dedicated GPU compared to Dual Channel? you can see my PC build in my signature.

I'm asking this because for some reason my PC doesn't want to start up with my memory in Dual Channel, I don't know if one of those memory slots got damaged or something, however, it's working in Single Channel.

Did my PC get significantly slower in Single Channel on RPCS3? how much FPS did I lose?
This post was last modified: 04-14-2024, 02:51 AM by xZabuzax.
[CPU]: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
[GPU]: Radeon RX 580 (ASUS ROG STRIX RX 580 GAMING OC)
[PSU]: Corsair CV 550 (550W / 80 Plus Bronze)
[RAM]: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
[MOBO]: MSI Z97-GAMING 5
[PC CASE]: ENERMAX Ostrog GT (Red)
[CPU FAN]: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
Cole Macwrath

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2024
04-20-2024, 12:29 AM -
(04-14-2024, 02:39 AM)xZabuzax Wrote: How badly does the memory in Single Channel affect the performance of RPCS3 in a dedicated GPU compared to Dual Channel? you can see my PC build in my signature.

I'm asking this because for some reason my PC doesn't want to start up with my memory in Dual Channel, I don't know if one of those memory slots got damaged or something, however, it's working in Single Channel.

Did my PC get significantly slower in Single Channel on RPCS3? how much FPS did I lose?

I don't think the Ram speed matters as much as other factors. I would think not having enough ram, or having a slow CPU or GPU would be more significant. In terms of how much FPS did you lose.... that's kind of impossible to answer I would say it depends...but probably not much.

With computers the most significant delay dominates. Imagine you send a currier to deliver a message. First has to drive 2 km by Car, then ride 2km on a bicycle and at the last stage of the journey he has to hike 40 km up a mountain.

Now you're asking if the currier would deliver the message faster if you bought him a Ford or a Chevrolet. Does the car have an effect on the time it takes the currier to deliver the message ? Yes slightly... however even if you bought him a Ferrari he wouldn't be much faster because the time he spends in the car is so minimal compared to the time he spends hiking that it doesn't matter.
This post was last modified: 1 hour ago by Cole Macwrath.