[Amplitude][NPUB31810]Crash Right Before Game Menu
Started by BloodyBonzai

0 posts in this topic
BloodyBonzai

15 posts 9 threads Joined: Oct 2017
02-07-2024, 04:57 AM -
The game crashes right before the game menu showing the E for Everyone icon and this occurs with the game version at 1.00 or 1.01.  After I hit the X at the top right of the window, a window pops up that says, "Verification failed (in file D:\a\1\s\rpcs3\util\vm_native.cpp:993[:4], in function unmap_critical) (error=0x1e7) Title: Amplitude [NPUB31810] (emuilation is stopped) Build: 0.0.30-16064-96b7e4c6 Alpha | master Date: 2024-02-06T19:47:31".  Upon closing that another window that informs me that RPCS3 has stopped working.  I have eight other PS3 digital games that work from the same transfer session where I always use a USB stick for tranferring from my PS3 to my PC. 

The only unusual aspect for this game compared to my other digital games is that it has two licenses. One that has Amplitude in the title, and another that has BackerPackage in the title which unlocks a bonus song for being a high enough tiered backer on their kickstarter campaign. I added both to RPCS3 and I am uncertain where to find licenses to delete the backer one to see if that is somehow creating an issue but I do not think that it would.
Thank you in advance!

RPCS3 latest build using all default settings on Firmware 4.90
i7-7700K
16GB DDR4
RTX4090
Windows 10 Pro x64

Problem fixed:  I deleted RPCS3 entirely, reinstalled a fresh copy and allowed it to update to the default firmware of 3.01 which is different than the firmware 4.90 that I was using before.  The only other difference which is the reason for my deleting RPCS3 was to ONLY apply the one license and not the backer license that has the same [NPUB31810] at the beginning of the file name.  More than likely it was one of the two that was creating an issue, and unlikely to be both.
Update: I really do not know what to think after further looking into this as far as how my above problem occurred. First off, when I stated the problem was fixed it was for that particular problem. But I had a new problem of there being no audio and freezing at the level select. But I pursued investigating the other problem's cause. So the next thing I did was drop the backer license into RPCS3. When I went into the game there is an event right before the level select that acknowledges me as being a backer and gives me my bonuses which happened still with no audio and then at the level select the game freezed. I then updated the firmware to 4.90 and now the game works flawlessly. The only difference is the order in which I did things with the addition of installing firmware 3.01 in-between. I tried making sense of the log file, and it looks like it was failing at finding data that I assumed was from the game, but perhaps it was the cached data. I tried creating the LLVM cache again but that did nothing. So perhaps deleting RPCS3 removed an error from the caching process or something, or was it really the order of events and/or inclusion of having firmware 3.01 in-between? Also, this time I dropped the game folder in with the version update in the folder rather than adding the version update after starting the game to do its caching.
This post was last modified: 02-07-2024, 08:16 AM by BloodyBonzai.

Attached Files
.7z   RPCS3.7z (Size: 7.7 KB / Downloads: 1)