Xbox 360 Guitar Hero Pad Config - Help with Tilt
Started by DDRRE

0 posts in this topic
DDRRE

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2024
Information  01-29-2024, 05:01 PM -
Hey folks,

Spent some time with the Xbox 360 wireless guitars (Les Paul + GH5) on RPCS3 (Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock).
Nothing else special about my system, running the latest RPCS3 build (0.0.30-16014).

I managed to get the whammy bar and the "special effects" / one-tap pad to work by setting the following (also attached):

(spam Filter Noise as necessary) 

Right Stick Up: LS X- (red pad fret)
Right Stick Down: LS X+ (orange pad fret)
Right Stick Left: RS X- (whammy up)
Right Stick Right: RS X+ (whammy down)

Additionally, as required, I've set Triangle to X and Square to Y. (would suggest adding the above info to the wiki)
Everything works smoothly, however, star power can't utilize the tilt sensor effectively.

I can't figure out any combination to get the tilt sensor working properly; star power always gets triggered.
The X360 guitar has the following triggers + axis that are relevant here (ranges are 0-255 for triggers, -32 to +32 for axes):

RS Y: Pitch (most valuable sensor input. +32 when guitar neck aimed at ceiling, -32 when guitar neck aimed at floor)
LT: Roll (lowest value >50 when guitar is facing floor, highest value <180 when facing ceiling, 70-160 on normal positions)

RT: Yaw? (lowest value >75 when guitar neck faces right, highest value <205 when neck faces left)

Example values for normal operation (no lefty flip, default right-handed position):
RS Y: 0
LT: 70-160
RT: 200

By the looks of it, the following values should trigger star power:

RS Y: +32 and/or
LS: >160 and/or
RT: 150-200

i was wondering if anyone has a PS3 guitar he can test this with. I guess this has something to do with L2/R2 and/or the Left Stick axes, but can't find any relevant info online.

Any inputs Smile welcome!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)