Gran Turismo 5 crashes the emulator during the "Compiling Pipeline Object" step.
Started by AFellowPasser-By

0 posts in this topic
AFellowPasser-By

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2024
01-25-2024, 12:13 AM -
Hello, 

I recently upgraded my GPU from a GTX 1660 Super to an AMD Radeon RX 6800. Before the upgrade, I could run Gran Turismo 5 just fine. When I installed the GPU, I made sure to completely uninstall the Nvidia drivers and freshly install the AMD drivers. My driver version is up-to-date with version 24.1.1. Now, when I boot up GT5, it loads the shaders from the disk normally, but when it starts compiling the pipeline objects, the emulator completely crashes. I tried setting up the settings as recommended by multiple YouTube videos and booted it again but to no avail. Now I'm sorta aware that going between two different GPU manufacturers can have some conflicts with already installed shaders, but I'm not sure if this is the case. 

Settings:
Both CPU and PPU Decoders are set to LLVM
SPU Block Size is set to Mega
XFloat Accuracy is set to Approximate XFloat
SPU threads are set to 2.

ZCULL Accuracy is set to Approximate
I made sure Resolution Scale was set to 100%
Shader is set to Async (multi threaded)

Accurate RSX reservation access, PPU Non-Java Mode Fixup, and PPU/SPU LLVM Precompilation is enabled with a 1 microsecond driver wakeup delay and a 60 Hz VBlank Frequency

Disable ZCull Occlusion Queries and Force GPU Texture Scaling is enabled.

Specs are Ryzen 7 5800X3D with 32 GB RAM and RX 6800, currently running Windows 11 Pro.

I even attached the log file for when the emulator crashed.

From the looks of it, I might need to delete all the saved shaders due to compatibility reasons, but I'm not sure how to do that. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Drive link in case the attachment doesn't show up: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wR2VmRK...sp=sharing

Attached Files
.7z   RPCS3.7z (Size: 577.53 KB / Downloads: 1)