Game data errors for two different games, different styles of similar crash
Started by BlueDemonofFire

2 posts in this topic
BlueDemonofFire

4 posts 2 threads Joined: Jan 2024
01-19-2024, 08:05 PM -
I just tried to play Wolverine Origins, a game I've been able to do even on a weaker machine from beginning to end for years. Suddenly I can't even get to the opening cutscene, it just says there's an error and please remove game data for this title. I try again after deleting all caches and memory and it freezes before the cutscene. Shut down, try again, crashes at cutscene with the error message to remove game data reappearing.

I'm not sure if it's related to a previous post I did mentioning an odd crash in War for Cybertron. With that game I was able to play around 35 minutes before it hit a point it couldn't get past, and then it doesn't matter if I load to that point or start the game over. I will get completely stonewalled by  "warning, game data corrupted, application will close".

The problems feel similar enough, and I can't figure out how to fix them. Should I change a setting somewhere? Did an update for RPCS3 not take and I need to reinstall it? Is the format of files downloaded from Vimm's Lair just not acceptable anymore for some reason? I'm kind of getting paranoid at this point.

I have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-core processor, 32 G of memory, Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070. I do not think that it's a problem with my machine, and I'm worried if I try other games that I'll run into issues playing them as well. Any help would be very much appreciated.

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 244.3 KB / Downloads: 3)

https://mega.nz/file/M7x3UZ5S#xmOoV3-JII...HkDHy0JIC0
BlueDemonofFire

01-23-2024, 03:12 AM -
The problem has gotten worse with Wolverine Origins. Now I can't even get to the menu after my attempted fixes. After removing game data in three different ways, I've gone from it crashing and saying to remove game data as the opening cutscene starts to just hanging before I even get to see the logos go by at the start. This game is supposed to be completely compatible, and I know I was able to play it before any of these problems started happening. I'm not even going to try War for Cybertron again until I at least get Wolverine up and running. Hell, I'm getting cautious of trying to get 'any' PS3 games running with how paranoid I'm getting.

Please, can someone give me some idea what to try? I've got two fully compatible games, one of which now completely refuses to play, and I'm essentially giving up trying to figure it out my fiddling around myself. Any suggestions are 'very' welcome. I have the most recent version of RPCS3, I make sure it updates every time I open the program. Is one of those updates causing a problem? Is there a setting that I haven't thought of that's making these games unplayable?

The latest log from my latest attempt has been attached to this message. My computer is unchanged since this thread started.

Attached Files
.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 855.37 KB / Downloads: 0)
BlueDemonofFire

02-20-2024, 04:19 AM -
I have seen no changes in how War for Cybertron is crashing on me, but after fiddling around some I managed to get Wolverine Origins to work to some degree again. No clue what made it playable again, I was fiddling with a lot of different settings, deleting and reinstalling the game and PPCS3 to get things goign again.

Unfortunately it's freezing on me every twenty to forty minutes. I like that I managed to make it playable again, but I'd rather it ran until I feel like stepping away from the game, not when the game decides to call it quits. Attached the latest log to this message.

Really wish I knew why I'm having so much trouble with games that are listed as completely playable. I know Wolverine ran on my computer and even a less powerful computer for years. Really getting the sense that something about one of the updates just didn't digest well in my system or something. Any help or advice on this topic would be appreciated.

Attached Files
.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 453.07 KB / Downloads: 0)