Game constantly crashing at the same point, no clue why
Started by BlueDemonofFire

0 posts in this topic
BlueDemonofFire

4 posts 2 threads Joined: Jan 2024
01-12-2024, 12:50 AM -
I've been trying to get War for Cybertron to run for a few weeks, and have not been able to find a solution myself. Compatibility says it should be perfectly fine, and I can play through the first mission for a significant chunk of time. Sometimes it crashes without leaving a log at all. It plays absolutely smoothly for extended periods of time, but once I get to a section where I'm running across an area with some electrified pistons that the player has to run through, it claims "warning, game data corrupted, application will close". I can start the mission over from the beginning, but I cannot pass that one point.

It does not appear to be a problem with my computer's abilities. I have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-core processor, 32 G of memory, Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070. I've tried deleting and redownloading War for Cybertron, no change. Deleting save data and profile data did nothing, I crash at the same point.

There are two repeating messages each time that I've seen so far. Don't know if they're important.

U cellVoice TODO: cellVoiceGetPortInfo(portId=259, pInfo=*0xd0040380) x410x18560000

E SYS: 'sys_memory_free' failed with 0x80010002 : CELL_EINVAL, 0x18560000

I've linked the most recent log file that didn't just disappear on me after the application closed. Is this a problem with the copy of the game I've been downloading form Vimm's Lair? Or does it have something to do with my settings? So far this is the only PS3 game I've got that I can't emulate.

https://mega.nz/file/M7x3UZ5S#xmOoV3-JII...HkDHy0JIC0