RPCS3 Crashing My System (Solution Found)
Started by Shadyhere

2 posts in this topic
Shadyhere

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2023
12-24-2023, 11:50 AM -
***I have updated my BIOS and now everything started working again. If anyone has a similar issue then you may have to the same.***

I love the work that's been put into this emulator but, unfortunately, I'm having a serious issue. Over the past few months, I've encountered issues with various titles that used to work for me. Games such as
  • MGS4
  • God of War Collection
  • God of War 3
  • God of War Ascension 
  • Smackdown vs Raw 2008 and 2009

The titles don't matter because it's a deeper issue. I got all these games running very well a few months ago. These past few months have been a different story. RPCS3 will either crash trying to load up modules or my computer will freeze and I'm forced to power off my computer. I sometimes will get that Windows blue screen error but, it doesn't even allow restart because it's frozen. 

My specs 

i3900k
RTX 4080
64gb Ram

Windows 11 

I have never overclocked my device. I haven't modified anything in my BIOS. There are no changes I've made. I keep the system and GPU updated. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've tried asking on Discord a few times but, nobody is really clear on what the issue might be. I was recently told that some people NVIDIA users were running into issues crashing their system but, that's about it. 

I just want to know if there is anything I can do. I have tried a new version of RPCS3 and basically, it did not help. It ran worse as I tried loading up games that usually work and it crashed my system. I feel like giving up but, I'd appreciate any help that I could get.
This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 01:12 PM by Shadyhere.
L0WHAWK

179 posts 24 threads Joined: May 2023
12-24-2023, 11:09 PM -
Try OpenGL as the renderer. I've had issues with a few games and switched them to OpenGL and they play fine again. They implemented an update to Vulkan a few builds back. Maybe Vulkan is the culprit?
Shadyhere

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2023
12-25-2023, 12:34 AM -
(12-24-2023, 11:09 PM)L0WHAWK Wrote: Try OpenGL as the renderer. I've had issues with a few games and switched them to OpenGL and they play fine again. They implemented an update to Vulkan a few builds back. Maybe Vulkan is the culprit?

All issues have been resolved since updating my BIOS. Trust me I've tried tons of small fixes and that didn't do it. It was something with the computer.