Modding - Time Crisis: Razing Storm [BLUS30528]
Started by Xeauron

0 posts in this topic
Xeauron

1 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2021
12-11-2023, 09:11 AM -
Hi All,
This is more of a developer question.
I'm looking to perform a minor modification Time Crisis and thought this would be a good place to start.

I've got the game set up with the Sinden light gun and everything's working great. The only drawback being the move cross-hair wobbling about all over the screen when playing.

What I'm looking to do is modify the game files to set the reticle image alpha-transparency bits to 100% transparent thus making the reticle invisible. I could then provide a little C or Python program that patches the game for others looking to play with light guns once I've identified the file / offsets in question.

So far I've extracted the files using QuickBMS, which has revealed smaller container files, some of which contain images. Decoding and displaying these is a different story. I've not been able to find any header definitions online with regards to these files but I have found the headers and even file names within the smaller containers. 

I'm about to start experimenting with SDL to try and decode them using patterns seen in other PS3 file formats, but this could turn into a headache without any accompanying info.

So my question would be, is there any advice regarding observing where image files are being loaded from?
Or even is there a way to view video memory inside RPCS3?

I've had a look at the debugger, however it's information overload. With a game like this loading many assets before loading the level it's hard to know where to start looking.

All I'm after at the end of the day is identifying the bit pattern for the reticle file in the two games, or a clue as to where they're being loaded from.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time in reading this.