New problem with running first time (WIN 11 Pro)
Started by maddguuns

3 posts in this topic
maddguuns

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2023
Photo  10-22-2023, 01:40 AM -
Hello everyone, just letting you all know I have never posted to the forums before as I am a very, very light RPCS3 user and every issue I have ever come across I have found an answer to very quickly. However, I seem to have stumbled upon something the internet has no answer for (at least the first 8 pages of Google with multiple search phrases). 

Anyway, I have no logs to post, because it never starts, and I have tried multiple builds (random picks about 10 days apart going back to July). 

Here is the problem:

After extracting the files and attempting to open the EXE, I get this popup:

"Search fo app in the Store?
You need to install an app for this task.
Would you like to search for one in the Store?"

I am attaching a screenshot also. 

I have a MINISFORUM UM790 Pro. It is one of the new ones with the AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS with integrated 780M graphics. 32gb & 1TB. Has Windows 11 Pro. 

Just fired up, setup, after installing Chrome, the very next thing was to try RPCS3 and then got this message. Therefore, I have no logs to review, it's not running int he background, and it doesn't show in app history. 

If I click "yes" to go to the store, it says there is no app. If I click "no" the popup disappears and I am sitting at my desktop again. I am truly puzzled - maybe it's the AZ heat melting my brain and I feel like this should be easy, but when the entirety of the interwebs can't help, I sit here holding my bag, just befuddled. 

Anyone have any thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ani
Administrator

4,278 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
10-29-2023, 02:53 PM -
I've never seen that message box in my life, seems like it's some Windows 11 specific fuckery
This post was last modified: 10-29-2023, 02:54 PM by Ani.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
waylander

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2023
10-29-2023, 04:05 PM -
it might be smart app control either search that or go settings>privacy & security>windows security>app and browser control
Ayame_Renagade

7 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2023
12-27-2023, 09:34 PM -
(10-22-2023, 01:40 AM)maddguuns Wrote: Hello everyone, just letting you all know I have never posted to the forums before as I am a very, very light RPCS3 user and every issue I have ever come across I have found an answer to very quickly. However, I seem to have stumbled upon something the internet has no answer for (at least the first 8 pages of Google with multiple search phrases). 

Anyway, I have no logs to post, because it never starts, and I have tried multiple builds (random picks about 10 days apart going back to July). 

Here is the problem:

After extracting the files and attempting to open the EXE, I get this popup:

"Search fo app in the Store?
You need to install an app for this task.
Would you like to search for one in the Store?"

I am attaching a screenshot also. 

I have a MINISFORUM UM790 Pro. It is one of the new ones with the AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS with integrated 780M graphics. 32gb & 1TB. Has Windows 11 Pro. 

Just fired up, setup, after installing Chrome, the very next thing was to try RPCS3 and then got this message. Therefore, I have no logs to review, it's not running int he background, and it doesn't show in app history. 

If I click "yes" to go to the store, it says there is no app. If I click "no" the popup disappears and I am sitting at my desktop again. I am truly puzzled - maybe it's the AZ heat melting my brain and I feel like this should be easy, but when the entirety of the interwebs can't help, I sit here holding my bag, just befuddled. 

Anyone have any thoughts?

right click it, go to properties and check the shortcut address points to the correct program and the start in field is in the correct rpcsx folder. failing that i'd say remove the program and re-download it. last ditch effort and all else i can think of is to go into settings and make sure your default programs are set to default or revert them back to default. i have a feeling windows is just trying to assume it opened in the store maybe?

https://imgur.com/a/EmAsh0A https://imgur.com/a/9JI0Fl1 https://imgur.com/a/mC8kYBT
This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 09:41 PM by Ayame_Renagade. Edit Reason: typos and examples