No games working? (unmapped memory?)
Started by binksbrew

1 posts in this topic
binksbrew

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2023
Thumbs Up  10-05-2023, 11:19 PM -
Hi all! Before i get started just wanted to say all replies are GREATLY appreciated, Thanks so much! So about 3 days ago i decided to install RPCS3 for the first time. And from my first experiences with it everything worked perfect it was amazing i was so impressed. Rock band worked out of the box with my guitar and drums, demon souls ran great but after a day or two it just stopped working entirely for every game. Basically the only thing i changed in the settings since it worked out of box was the game config for rock-band 1-3 so that way i could fix a minor visual bug where the in game characters we're solid black. And that seemed to fix it for that day but after that literally every game just stopped working and kept giving me errors. Out of desperation to fix this i tried downgrading the versions of RPCS3 which didn't work. I tried installing different updates of PS3 interfaces this also didn't help.. And I've also tried messing around with some "known" fixes in terms of settings and what not for RPCS3 to no help at all. The strangest thing about this since everything worked out of the box for me is before i even started trying all these methods the only factor that changed in terms of what i was doing compared to the usual was me changing 1 setting (adding "write color buffers" checked under GPU in custom boot configuration)  for specifically my rock-band games because of the visual bug. And me adding more games i had backed up from my console. I'm gonna leave my log files packed up below in a .7z file. Hopefully you guys can help me figure this out. Thank you guys so much for all of your hard work on the RPCS3 project! Cool

Main Error I'm getting on every game:
F {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x000625f4]} VM: Access violation reading location 0x18 (unmapped memory)

7z Log File:

.7z   RPCS3 Log.7z (Size: 367.23 KB / Downloads: 1)
Ani
Administrator

4,278 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
10-11-2023, 10:35 AM -
Log file shows that the dump is invalid
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux