Wii Turntable through Raphnet Adapter - miscalibrated/misconfigured, or damaged?
Started by kamild1996

0 posts in this topic
kamild1996

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2019
Question  09-12-2023, 07:43 PM -
Hello,

I'd like to play DJ Hero on the RPCS3 emulator, on my Windows 11 PC. I got everything up and running, except for the turntable, which arrived today. It's a Wii turntable, which I connected using my Raphnet V3 adapter. However, after setting up everything as described here, the game is constantly scrolling down menus.

So I looked into joy.cpl to see what the controller reports. Looks like the turntable's analog stick doesn't quite center properly. RPCS3's gamepad settings window has an option for adjusting deadzones of two analogs, but unfortunately I'm using the turntable's analog stick for D-Pad buttons, so I don't know how to setup a deadzone for that. "Game Controller Calibration" in joy.cpl did not help. So for now I just unbound the turntable analog from the D-Pad.

Unfortunately, there's a worse problem. Scratching is broken. Regardless of which way I scratch, the menu only moves up most of the time, rarely moving down instead. When I looked at what exactly the controller reports with DXTweak2, controller only ever reports jumping between 16000 (center) and 16500 for like a milisecond when scratching in any direction, and occasionally will jump between 16000 and 500/31500 instead. 

Here's why I would like to ask a favor someone who happens to be using the same configuration - preferably not just the Wii version of the turntable, but the Raphnet adapter too: is this some quirk behavior that I can fix, or did I buy a dud? 

I'm aware this is stepping out of the RPCS3's territory (which is also why I allowed myself to omit submitting logs), but I'm not sure what would be the better place to ask - I considered contacting Raphnet in case it's an adapter issue, but they'd rather have me test the controller on a real Wii, which I do not own. I figured there might be a RPCS3 user who dealt with this configuration before. 

Additionally, can someone with a PS3 version of the turntable report about the latency of this solution? My rationale for trying Wii turntables first was exactly that, concerns about latency. And I also had a Raphnet adapter laying around from back when I was trying out Guitar Hero...

Thanks in advance  Big Grin