I am Banned From the Discord, I need Help with PS3 .pkg's
Started by Ghost2023!

4 posts in this topic
Ghost2023!

4 posts 2 threads Joined: Aug 2023
08-23-2023, 12:53 PM -
The RPCS3 Emulator has failed 4 times now to detect my copy of Need for Speed Undercover.pkg

I do in fact have a 2007 80gb Original Phat Model PS3, and if need be, I'll provide its serial.

I am requesting to be unbanned from your Discord server on the grounds of now owning a PS3, which is jailbroken on Evilnat 4.90.2 (SoulEnd281#6107, but I changed the name to Ghost, so that is what you may be seeing).

I jailbroke the emulator with the very same firmware which was strange but also very funny that it worked when I found out 🤣🤣🤣.

I do apologies for using another persons game for testing purposes to check if the Emulator would work on my system back in 2016.

As far as I was aware, I was under the impression that for testing purposes only, you could use yours or a friends game to check if the successfully compiled and built emulator would read the .iso disk image.

I was banned for piracy, as using a friends game at the time was not allowed.

I will endeavor to try and stay out of prison, or to not be wrecked by a $150,000 fine by the Australian Government for my dumb a**e mistake.

So, back on subject of this report:

I own a physical PS3, and a copy of Need for Speed Undercover, but, via merging with the PS3 Merger, RPCS3 failed to read the games .pkg file as it found it to be corrupt.

It works just fine via .iso on my PS3, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

My USB Drive is 64gb, and its formatted in Fat32 with default allocations of 32kb clusters.

Multiman copied the game to the USB Drive in 4gb sized files.

Its first file was 3.99gb while its second one was 1.03gb.

I tried to merge both files with as I said, PS3 Merger, but, the emulator thought the games .pkg was corrupt.

If I installed it on my PS3, it would install just fine.

Now, with this overly large post complete, please take my request into account, as I want to help you with the emulator as well.

Attached Files
.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 322.05 KB / Downloads: 0)
Ani
Administrator

4,278 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
08-23-2023, 04:12 PM -
In general, your post reads like you skipped every single guide that we provide and just tried to guess how to do things:

Need for Speed: Undercover is a disc only game
The dumping guide doesn't say to dump your disc game as .iso nor as .pkg, you need to dump it following the guide and you will have a dump that works
https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=H...disc_games

We also do not give support with non-official firmware inside the emulator.
The emulator is only supposed to work with the official firmware and using any other firmware doesn't make any sense.

If you try to force convert disc games to digital games, we will assume the game is pirated, as trying to force such a conversion doesn't make any sense to begin with and is just going to break things.

As for the Discord ban, since it was 4 years old, I removed it.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Ghost2023!

08-24-2023, 05:19 AM -
Thank you very much for the ban removal, I appreciate it.

However, I followed the guide, used Multiman to move the .iso to a USB Drive, then attempted to merge the 2 separate .0 files as they were, so they were Need for Speed Undercover.ISO.0 and .ISO.1 respectively, on the PC with PS3 Merger, however it couldn't find the folder or drive that the 2 files were on previously.

I used FileZilla as an FTP Client and ended up transferring the whole .iso via FTP to my PC which took hours (even though my internet connection was 100mb/s down by 17mb/s up).

Sadly, the .iso still could not be read as the Emulator thought the game was was corrupt.

However, I used PS3-ISO-Rebuilder and it practically fixed the .iso so it could be read, but only if it was mounted in a virtual drive.

I just can't fathom as to why the Emulator does not like my disc image 🤔🤔.

Anyway, cheers.

Godspeed 🙂.

(08-23-2023, 04:12 PM)Ani Wrote: In general, your post reads like you skipped every single guide that we provide and just tried to guess how to do things:

Need for Speed: Undercover is a disc only game
The dumping guide doesn't say to dump your disc game as .iso nor as .pkg, you need to dump it following the guide and you will have a dump that works
https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=H...disc_games

We also do not give support with non-official firmware inside the emulator.
The emulator is only supposed to work with the official firmware and using any other firmware doesn't make any sense.

If you try to force convert disc games to digital games, we will assume the game is pirated, as trying to force such a conversion doesn't make any sense to begin with and is just going to break things.

As for the Discord ban, since it was 4 years old, I removed it.

Oh, and P.S.:

Your awesome for using Linux, especially Manjaro.
This post was last modified: 08-24-2023, 05:21 AM by Ghost2023!.
Ani
Administrator

4,278 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
08-24-2023, 06:05 AM -
RPCS3 does not read .ISO, that's why the guide tells you to dump the game in folder format
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Ghost2023!

09-05-2023, 03:00 AM -
Huh, I guess the question is how?

Does RPCS3 open and read PS3 Homebrew?

RPCS3 failed to link all PPU Modules for the firmware and all games.

It stops linking modules at Module 64.
This post was last modified: 09-05-2023, 07:46 PM by Ghost2023!.