Nvidia Shield controller no longer works with RPCS3?
Started by christinatullo

2 posts in this topic
christinatullo

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2023
08-18-2023, 07:09 PM -
Hello! I am currently using a controller from an Nvidia Shield with my PC laptop running RPCS3, and everything was working fine...and then I didn't use RPCS3 for like a year, and when I came back to it earlier today I noticed my bluetooth controller is not being recognized. I know it's correctly connected to the laptop because I am able to use the controller to play games on Steam, but for some reason the controller won't work anymore with RPCS3. Under Gamepad Settings, it says "Xinput Pad #1 (disconnected)" for Device. What other information do you need from me in order to help diagnose this issue? I didn't think a log would be helpful in this situation but if I am wrong please let me know.

Thank you for any help!
Ani
Administrator

4,278 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
08-19-2023, 07:10 AM -
We haven't made any changes to XInput code in a long while. If it's a regression, we need to know what's the last good build where it can work, so we can pinpoint the change that broke it.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
christinatullo

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2023
08-19-2023, 05:06 PM -
I don't think it's an issue with an update to RPCS3, I think there's a setting somewhere on my pc that is wrong. I have played multiple games (on Steam mostly) within the last year, and some of them required that I edit settings to the controller to make it work because they were older games, but I can't remember what those settings were at this point unfortunately. I was hoping someone might know where the magic setting possibly was to make the controller work again with RPCS3 but it looks like I'm out of luck. Thanks anyway for your help!!