Started by annoyed

1 posts in this topic
annoyed

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2023
06-29-2023, 06:37 AM -
Game: Saints Row 2 [Serial Number - BLUS30201]
Specs: 1050ti, Intel 10400F, 16GB memory

Problem:
I keep seeing the following error when attempting to launch the game.

Code:
E VM: Failed to lock sudo memory (addr=0x70000000, size=0x8d00000). Consider increasing your system limits.
I manage to make it into the menu screen, which aside from the repeated error above, works perfectly. However new problems emerge in the loading screen when I actually try to start my game.

Code:
E SYS: 'cellAudioRemoveNotifyEventQueue' failed with 0x80310709 : CELL_AUDIO_ERROR_TRANS_EVENT [3]
E VM: Failed to lock sudo memory (addr=0x30810000, size=0x10000). Consider increasing your system limits.

First the two errors above pay me a visit, then the following errors appear repeatedly while the audio lags horribly and I'm stuck in the loading screen.
Code:
U cellAudio TODO: cellAudioPortOpen(): CELL_AUDIO_PORTATTR_OUT_SECONDARY
U cellMic TODO: cellMicSetNotifyEventQueue(key=0x72110700)

Attempted Fix:
I saw the admin say in a thread that the memlock limit needs to be increased. I copied his code which resulted in no changes.

Code:
* hard memlock unlimited
* soft memlock unlimited

##It's something like this. Typing this from memory as I'm too lazy to look it up right now.
After running the command "ulimit -l", it is revealed that my memory limit is well above the required specifications of RPCS3.

Code:
[user@arch ~]$ ulimit -l

Conclusion:
I have no clue why this is happening and no idea of how to solve it.
AydenRusso

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2023
08-19-2023, 07:56 PM -
I'm having the same issue. While the issue seems to not create extreme and compatibility, anything bigger + the PS3 firmware just doesn't work with this. I've tried multiple fixes. The audio lag is just turning delay in settings BTW just make sure not to do it too low or you will have clipping audio.

Increasing memory to unlimited seems to have done nothing. I'm on endeavorOS. But I have seen it that some users have had success giving themselves real time privileges, I have not had success with either of these fixes. I'm not going to uninstall for this problem, but I really want to fix it. Please help me someone. Setting them lock has not helped and real-time privileges has not helped. If anyone else has an answer that would be very nice.