Boot Up Screen Customization
Started by Jerry9009

1 posts in this topic
Jerry9009

2 posts 2 threads Joined: Jun 2023
Question  06-25-2023, 10:25 PM -
I think it would be really cool if someone added a feature to remove the text and stuff that you see in the "shader loading screen" (the "linking PPU modules..." text and the loading bar stuff).

That way, when we boot up games, it just has the background image to look more clean.

I'm sure the text and loading bar is useful for a lot of people, but I personally do not really need it. For the image I attached, it would look nice to just have the Minecraft background as the shader loading screen.

gir489

11 posts 2 threads Joined: Jul 2023
07-02-2023, 02:31 PM -
Yeah, it would be nice if we could have some kind of XMB emulator skin for this, I really miss my PS3, and part of the PlayStation 3 experience was having the XMB show up before the game loads to do whatever like installing trophies or updates. I saw the emulator supports booting into the XMB which was cool for all of 2 seconds, but you can't do anything like install apps to it at least that I saw. When I tried to install something like ModMan, RCPS3 just wanted to install it as another game, and wouldn't show it in the XMB home menu. I was hoping I could also somehow use my BP50NB40 as like a live drive for the XMB and could at least see the game and its background music like it was in the XMB, but all we get to see of the game is the game's background during boot.

I'm not bashing whoever designed the overlay menu, it's functional, it just doesn't fit the PlayStation 3's aesthetics at all. I'd like to see the XMB play a larger role in the emulator's future.