RPCS3 doesn't launch
Started by ryan993

11 posts in this topic
L0WHAWK

179 posts 24 threads Joined: May 2023
06-20-2023, 11:08 PM -
here I thought I was the only one having this problem. RPCS3 may hang on 1st attempt to load it. After waiting for it to load I will double click the icon again, thinking it wasn't loading. But I get an error saying it is already running, even tho it doesn't show anything on screen to let you know it has loaded or is running. This just recently started to happen. I was thinking I may have too many games installed. I've got 90 PS3 games installed that work for me.,
LaboTohs

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2024
01-28-2024, 07:08 PM -
(06-18-2023, 07:41 AM)Ani Wrote: And does 15124 open?

Hello, I'm Labo from post #5 in this thread, I made a new account as the password recovery email won't arrive no matter what I try and I have new information about this issue.

----------

I've built a new PC on totally different specs besides the gpu (jumping from a 9600k to a 7900x) and decided to install the OS on a new ssd to start from 0.

One of the first things that came to mind was testing RPCS3, both performance and for that issue. Performance was a huge increase as expected from actually having 8+ threads now and the first usage of 15124 (I tested the exact same versions that wouldn't open on my old PC to remove variables) went by without any issue.

But a day later and it wouldn't open, the exact same issue I had before, so I started stepping back on what I had changed and installed since then.

It turns out that what is breaking the emulator is setting the system locale to Japan (in Windows 11: Settings -> Time and Language -> Administrative Language Settings -> Administrative tab -> Change System Locale button). As soon as I turned it back to the US and restarted the PC it ran properly.

That is something I always do to get decompression programs to properly show Japanese characters and get, in most cases, old Japanese games to run properly. I've heard that the way it changes the folder path separator from / to ¥ was what broke stuff way back in the day, but I hadn't seen anything not working on a Japanese system locale PC in the last 5 years or so.

I hope this proves to be helpful to someone. Smile