Connecting DJ Hero Turntable on Mac OS with M2
Started by yaxes

0 posts in this topic
yaxes

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2019
03-23-2023, 12:31 AM -
Hi! 

I've been in mood for some DJ Hero recently, so i managed to boot it up on base Mac M2 Mini and get some acceptable performance (it holds a somewhat stable 60), and while the game itself mind for some visual glitches (which i assume might be happening due to Rosetta translation layer) looks playable

[Image: AqsBWKv.png]

I found out there's no way to pass a PS3 Turntable to it, MMJoystick is not an available input method on Mac, and as far as i'm aware, there's no way to pass USB device to cellUsbd on it, neither does it show up while using SDL. 

This is how the controller shows up in System Information, its a PS3 OG Turntable for DJ Hero 1, though they were cross-compatible with the second game too:

[Image: TIPLS9m.png]

Is there right now no way to pass a turntable to Mac OS version of the RPCS3, or am I just dumb and haven't figured out how to do it? If not, is it considered a planned feature? I'm aware the Mac version is done by a separate team, but M2 considerably outperforms my gaming PC when it comes to PS3 emulation, so it'd be nice to be able to play on it.