Flickering Textures Issue
Started by lowkey cowboy

1 posts in this topic
lowkey cowboy

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2022
Video  11-18-2022, 01:24 AM -
Hi everyone!

So I decided to play Red Dead Redemption on my Mac through RPCS3. I know, that it works (if it even starts) slow, unstable and faces a lot of problems and so on, but I decided to give it a chance. And the most disappointing thing is that it actually runs, but I can't get rid of highly flickering textures. I tried all the versions of the game (disk, hdd, updated, not updated, different regions), tried to change/enable/disable different settings (everything I found related to the topic), tried different resolutions (native, 720) – didn't help. The problem appears everywhere: start screen, cutscenes, gameplay. I tested a few other games – all good, the issue shows only in RDR.

I recorded a video, the link would be somewhere in this post, so you could watch it yourself. In the second part of the video I showed all the settings I used. I still hope that this problem could be solved by enabling something in settings or changing some kind of texture rendering. So if you have any idea, please, feel free to share it, I'll be testing everything and giving feedback. And if you need logs or something – just let me know.

Btw, my Mac is MacBook Pro 14, M1 Pro, 16 Gb, if it matters.

Thanks!

Video (on YouTube): https://youtu.be/D8We9fm7VuA
Ani
Administrator

4,264 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
11-19-2022, 07:39 PM -
There's no macOS device that can run this game anywhere near playability. You need a high end PC with Linux or Windows.
I will look into adding an experimental label on the macOS build in the website, since no one of the core team is maintaining it as we don't use macOS, it's all work from contributors.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux