RPCS crashing while playing NCAA Revamped
Started by ryangeymont

2 posts in this topic
ryangeymont

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2022
11-05-2022, 11:22 PM -
Hello All. Please forgive me as I have no idea how any of this stuff works. Have no experience with any of it. I just followed the instructions on YT downloading RPCS3 and installing NCAA revamped. I played with no issues for about a week. Then it started stuttering while playing an actual game, not in the menus, and eventually would crash. As of late, it just crashes randomly after playing for 15-20 minutes.

PC Specs

- I9 - 1900KF
- Geforce RTX 3070
- 4 x 8GB 3400 RAM
- 2 500GB SSD's

During the crashes I've been getting 3 pop ups.

1. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Assertion Failed

2. RPCS3 Fatal Error with a bunch of mumbo jumbo and a thread ID of 19864

3. RPCS3 Fatal Error. Stopping emulator took too long. Some thread has probably deadlocked. Aborting.

Now like I mentioned, I have no idea how any of this works. On top of reviewing the forums for support, I have reviewed reddit threads and YT vids. I've tried changing the config. Tried booting with OpenGL. Changing the SPU thread count. Tried multiple different resolutions and scales. Tried changing the driver wake up delay. Nothing works and get the same crashes.

I've also tried reinstalling Microsoft Runtime Library and every different version of Microsoft Visual C+++

I'm honestly lost here and have no clue what to do to fix it. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
.rar   RPCS3.rar (Size: 3.57 MB / Downloads: 1)
Yoohoo_Voodoo

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2022
11-16-2022, 12:36 PM -
You're issues sounds a lot like the one discussed a couple weeks ago on these forums. The latest Nvidia drivers caused an issue where it would crash after a few minutes of playing. I personally was getting BSOD. I ended up having to completely remove my video card driver, and re-installed the last driver I had that wasn't having issues. Doing that fixed my issue.

You may have to go a couple revisions down, and it may affect newer games you play on steam, but that is the trade off.
ryangeymont

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2022
11-22-2022, 08:04 PM -
(11-16-2022, 12:36 PM)Yoohoo_Voodoo Wrote: You're issues sounds a lot like the one discussed a couple weeks ago on these forums.  The latest Nvidia drivers caused an issue where it would crash after a few minutes of playing.  I personally was getting BSOD.  I ended up having to completely remove my video card driver, and re-installed the last driver I had that wasn't having issues.  Doing that fixed my issue.

You may have to go a couple revisions down, and it may affect newer games you play on steam, but that is the trade off.

Alright, I will try that. Thanks for the assistance. I haven't been playing many steam games as of late anyway, so if that works, sounds like a great trade off to me.