Converting real/encrypted saves to work with RPCS3 using RPCS3
Started by HyperSpider

2 posts in this topic
HyperSpider

10 posts 2 threads Joined: May 2019
07-18-2022, 04:19 AM -
Quick tutorial on converting encrypted/real PS3 save files to work with RPCS3, using RPCS3 itself!

1. Drop your save data folders with the encrypted saves into <RPCS3>\dev_hdd0\home\00000001\savedata\ where all the save data folders are
        - Note that this should look just like an RPCS3 save (you can't always tell if it's encrypted or not just by looking at the file structure)
  2. If you haven't already added Apollo Save Tool (PS3) to RPCS3, add it (it works just like a game, find it here: https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-ps3)
        - It's a .pkg file, so just drag it into the RPCS3 window to install it
  3. Launch Apollo Save Tool, and navigate to HDD Saves, then choose your game save
  4. Select "Decrypt save game" and select the first file listed, then repeat this for each file in the list
  5. Pay attention to the message it gives you about where it decrypted the file to, this is where your decrypted save files are stored
  6. Find the folder with the decrypted files in it, and overwrite the original encrypted save files
        - The decrypted folder should be in <RPCS3>\dev_hdd0\tmp\apollo

As a side note, the Apollo Save Tool project has a side project of PS3 saves, which can be found here: https://bucanero.github.io/apollo-saves/PS3/
Darkhost1999

42 posts 4 threads Joined: Feb 2021
11-21-2022, 05:45 PM -
You can make life a little easier and use <RPCS3>\dev_usb000\PS3\savedata\ .
That way when you Decrypt it'll go to <RPCS3>\dev_usb000\PS3\export.
That way you don't need to pay attention at all and can just copy every save folder from inside the export folder to <RPCS3>\dev_hdd0\home\00000001\savedata\
This post was last modified: 12-05-2022, 08:24 AM by Darkhost1999. Edit Reason: Typo + Get to the point
ShadowFallen

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2023
09-05-2023, 12:29 PM -
The "Decrypt Save Game" option isn't working for me. When I select the file, it says it can't be decrypted ("Error! File Profile.dat couldn't be decrypted"). It's a Killzone 3 file I found on Gamefaq     s. I thought maybe the file had an issue, but I went out and got another file from another site, I got the same message. I also thought maybe the files were already decryted, but when I boot the game it isn't detecting the files. Any idea about what I'm doing wrong?