Cant run games with vulkan renderer
Started by haekalsz

9 posts in this topic
[email protected]

10 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2020
02-02-2021, 10:34 AM -
(02-02-2021, 09:08 AM)Ani Wrote: Why are you using ancient drivers for a GPU that still has driver updates?
Update your drivers, there's no issue here. We don't support outdated drivers anymore, RPCS3 requires new Vulkan extensions.

These are the latest drivers you can download from the Nvidia website regarding this graphic card 'GeForce GTX 870M' This is a notebook model graphic card and you can't download newer versions for this model. So Nvidia stopped after 425.31.0.0 

Are you telling that I will only be able to use RPCS3 older version from now on as newer RPCS3 versions like the v0.0.14.xxxx don't support this card that has (older) Vulkan drivers any longer? 

Look at this link: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...-gtx-870m/ So they tell the product is EOL and no longer new versions. So I assume RPCS3 v0.0.14.xxxx uses new vulkan extenions no longer available in my vulkan driver and therefore this graphic card is no longer supported by RPCS3 ?

(02-02-2021, 09:08 AM)Ani Wrote: Why are you using ancient drivers for a GPU that still has driver updates?
Update your drivers, there's no issue here. We don't support outdated drivers anymore, RPCS3 requires new Vulkan extensions.

There is a 1% possibility that I might be able to add the following driver to my old not support Nvidia Geforce GTX 870M
Driver branch: r445_85-2

This has: Vulkan API 1.1.126 support. 

Will RPCS3 v0.0.14.xxxx work with this Vulkan API version? 

I would like to know this before I go into all the hassle getting r445_85-2 up-and-running with modded .inf files etc. That will be hard and it would be sad to see if I get r445_85-2 working that this driver version with this Vulkan API version is still not supported. 

Anyway possible users of RPCS3 will know what Vulkan API version is needed minimal for further releases?

FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steps to update to 445.87 driver on kepler Nvidia Geforce GTX 870M on MSI GS70 2PE Stealth Pro.

-----------------------
Preparation steps
-----------------------
1. Download this 445.87-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe version using this link: http://it.download.nvidia.com/Windows/44...l-whql.exe
2. Download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from this link: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis...nload.html
3. Run 445.87-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe and driver will be extracted to c:\nvidia
4. When extracted and while setup window is open copy the driver to a safe place
5. Inside the folder Display.Driver of the copied driver replace nv_dispi.inf with this version: https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/applic...hp?id=4092 (you need to be logged in in this forum. So make sure you have an account).

Preparation FINISHED!

-----------------------
Installation steps
-----------------------
1. UNINSTALL NVIDIA DRIVERS UNDER PROGRAMS & FEATURES (CONTROL PANEL)
2. THEN RUN DDU (NVIDIA GPU) TO REMOVE LEFTOVERS.
3. DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT: HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY WHILE YOU CLICK THE “RESTART” OPTION -> SELECT “TROUBLESHOOT” -> ADVANCED OPTIONS -> STARTUP SETTINGS -> SELECT “DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT” OPTION.
4. RUN SETUP.EXE -> CUSTOM -> CLEAN INSTALL OPTION -> “INSTALLATION SUCCESSFUL” -> REBOOT.
5. NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL –> MANAGE 3D SETTINGS -> SET PERFORMANCE OPTIONS ETC.

You will have version 445.87 running on kepler Nvidia Geforce GTX 870M where vulkan is working with RPCS3 v0.0.14.xxxx

NICE! BAM! VOILA!

Is it possbile to update the subject to: FIXED or SOLVED in front of the subject line?
Anyone else having this old kepler Nvidia card is able to upgrade to a higher driver version that is still supported by RPCS3 with Vulkan ;-)
This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 02:01 PM by [email protected].

Messages In This Thread
Cant run games with vulkan renderer - by haekalsz - 01-31-2021, 12:19 AM
RE: Cant run games with vulkan renderer - by Ani - 01-31-2021, 06:26 PM
RE: Cant run games with vulkan renderer - by Ani - 02-02-2021, 09:07 AM
RE: Cant run games with vulkan renderer - by Ani - 02-02-2021, 02:34 PM
RE: Cant run games with vulkan renderer - by Ani - 02-02-2021, 04:16 PM
RE: Games won't start with Vulkan on RPCS3 0.0.14.11671 but do start with RPCS3 0.0.10.xx - by [email protected] - 02-02-2021, 10:34 AM