Tales of Xillia [BLES01815] - Sound Crackling
Started by Seyrren

6 posts in this topic
Seyrren

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2021
01-01-2021, 04:46 PM -
(01-01-2021, 01:24 PM)Ani Wrote: Use SPU LLVM, Vulkan, Reset driver wake-up delay to default, Enable TSX if it doesn't cause freezing
In general, don't change settings you don't know what they do unless the wiki specifies that

Thank you for your time, but as i said, i started with those settings+the wiki directives for this game (setting frames to 60, v blank 30 and PPU threads to 1), i only ended up with the settings in those screenshots while trying to get rid of the crackling sound myself, it was only after i exhausted most of my ideas that i decided to post on the forums, generally speaking i don't like to bother people unless i can't solve a problem myself.  Anyway back to the issue at hand after hooking up my speakers (this was coincidental i needed them for something else) at some point i started the emulator to mess with things some more and that's when i made a discovery: for some reason RPCS3 doesn't like my wireless headphones (The Razer Nari Essentials)... I tested this headphones with a bunch of things, PCSX2, Dolphin, various PC games and media players, this is the first time this happen. Upon this realization and out of things to do on a whim i decided to switch from 16bit 44100Hz to 16bit 48000Hz and from XAudio to OpenAL, to my surprise this is the best it ever got, right now i'm running the default settings (those listed by you)+the wiki directives for this game (setting frames to 60, v blank 30 and PPU threads to 1) but with OpenAL for audio and so far i had no more audio crackling in dialogue, it now seem to rarely happen when exploring an area and also the frequency of it concurring after a fight has decreased.

I'd really wish though i'd understood why or what RPCS3 doesn't like about my headphones, especially since PCSX2 also uses XAudio.... and its fine there.

Well this is more about feedback then support at this time but i will like to mention the following things:

1. I'm starting to think that this thread might be better called "Tales of Xillia [BLES01815] Razer Nari Essentials - Sound crackling/popping"  and making a note that for the Razer Nari Essentials at least (though i wouldn't be surprised if this was applicable to the whole Razer Nari Wireless headphones line, maybe even other Razer Wireless headsets) you need to use OpenAL rather then XAudio. While not completely fixing the issue, it is mostly gone, in a ~6 hours session of Tales of Xillia i only had one or max two small crackles while exploring some fields, and other then that it was only present at the end of fights (right when it switches from the fighting phase back to the world map/dungeon area).

2. I plan on testing more games once i'm done with Tales of Xillia to see if this is  a widespread issue or just applicable to Xillia.

3. I can't say if this is only applicable for me or all windows 7 running intel cpu's installs, since my windows 7 install is a bit special (its a personal modified and optimized build), but RPCS3 seems a tad smoother with "Enable thread scheduler" set to off. I'll get back to this as i test more games.
This post was last modified: 01-02-2021, 08:35 AM by Seyrren.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tales of Xillia [BLES01815] - Sound Crackling - by Seyrren - 01-01-2021, 04:46 PM