Demon's Souls BLUS30443 Vulkan crash error
Started by Empathatic

2 posts in this topic
Empathatic

4 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2020
10-01-2020, 02:40 AM -
When I attempt to launch Demon's Souls with Vulkan set in the GPU options I immediately get a Fatal error that closes RPCS3. The crash message is: "Vulkan API call failed with unrecoverable error: Initialization failed (VK_ERROR_INITIALIZATION_FAILED) (in file D:\a\1\s\rpcs3\Emu\RSX\VK\VKHelpers.h:1001)

I can't get the game to run with Vulkan enabled. I've been able to run it just fine in the past until today. I can run it with OpenGL, but if I use OBS software to capture gameplay the video is constantly and intermittently flipping vertically.

Here is a link to the video showing OBS flipping vertically. I've posted to the OBS forums to see if there's a solution for that, but I suspect it has something to do with RPCS3 using OpenGL for the game as the issue with OBS never occurred before this.

https://youtu.be/ncUwfZqqIZk

I'm also attaching a screenshot showing the error. I cannot however attach the RPCS3 log file as I can't even run the game without RSPC3 completely crashing and closing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Demon's Souls BLUS30443 Vulkan crash error - by Empathatic - 10-01-2020, 02:40 AM