Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [BLUS30947]
Started by n1ckn4m3

7 posts in this topic
n1ckn4m3

11 posts 4 threads Joined: Mar 2018
04-02-2018, 02:10 PM -
Yeah, I figured such, so I joined the #help channel on Discord and they poked around for a minute then said that since it was a new game ID that wasn't in the compatibility database and it was dying before booting with the LLVM Recompiler enabled, that I should drop a post into the forums.

I've re-installed RPCS3 from the latest master into a new directory to make sure there was nothing with my existing install that caused the failure and had identical results, so I'm somewhat at a loss as to how to continue troubleshooting if the issue is specific to my instance of RPCS3.

So, I guess my question now is whether everyone who has the LLVM Recompiler working are using a different Game ID version of the game and whether anyone has been successful in getting the Recompiler core to work on this specific ID. I ripped this with my BD-ROM from my copy of the game, so if needed I can re-rip, but since the IRD validated successfully I don't believe it's a problem with the rip -- but I'm happy to troubleshoot in any way I can.

Looking online, it seems like I accidentally gave the wrong copy of the game to a friend of mine -- I bought the Wizard's Edition but digitalriver decided to completely drop the ball on shipping it for a week after the game came out, so I ended up buying a Steelcase version of the standard edition just so I could play it. Looks like when I gave the spare copy to my friend, I gave him the Wizard's Edition disc as the internet is telling me that would be BLUS-31039. As such, I've edited the first post to remove the reference to the Wizard's Edition.
This post was last modified: 04-02-2018, 06:29 PM by n1ckn4m3.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [BLUS30947] - by n1ckn4m3 - 04-02-2018, 02:10 PM