Info on importing saves
Started by FearInduced

2 posts in this topic
FearInduced

8 posts 4 threads Joined: Sep 2017
12-02-2017, 12:14 AM -
"RPCS3 - FAQ: Can I at least import my save data from my real PlayStation 3? -
Yes,.... in some cases, you may need to re-sign your save. For more information on how to manage your save data within RPCS3, please refer to the Quickstart Guide." *proceeds to Quickstart guide...............

"RPCS3 - Quickstart: Game Saves -
For Windows users, save data files can be managed in \dev_hdd0\home\00000001\savedata\"

I'm pretty sure you can't just paste saves in that folder. It seems you're missing the part where you actually provide more info on how to properly import a save/saves from the PS3. I'm sorry if I missed something.
This post was last modified: 12-02-2017, 12:16 AM by FearInduced.
Kingoftheroad

5 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2024
02-26-2024, 08:50 PM -
yes .lackluster info, I copyed my gt5 save version 2.16-2.17 to the emulator, and i had version 2.11 dlc of the game installed on the emu , and that leaded to the saves vas deleted at boot. so no go.
Then i i used the bruteforce app and re-signed PARAM.SFO with blanck user so it could used on all ps3. So then i only get a black screen when booting the game, and redused fps when it trying to boot the save. , but now it atleast don't delete the save. Maybe the game ain't happy with booting a 2.17 dlc save on a 2.11 dlc game.
Kingoftheroad

5 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2024
02-28-2024, 06:57 PM -
got it working now with using orginal save from ps3.
i found help here. https://www.psx-place.com/threads/brutef...eys.30095/ (i downloaded the updated game.conf file from the zip file and overwrited the orginal in bruteforce folder. then the program could decrypt my orginal save, so i could use in the RPCS3 emulator). made it useable for all ps3 too.

from the post tread.
am trying to decrypt my Metal Gear Solid 5 save game with Bruteforce Save Data, but it says it cannot find the key to decrypt the save.

I even tried taking the eboot.bin from the disc to give it to Bruteforce so it can find the key on there, but it still cannot find the key.

How can I find the key for my save game?
The key is in the eboot, I just did the same as you a week ago to decrypt TPP saves I have. make sure the eboot is decrypted into an .elf file and not a .BIN you can use scetool to do this.

scetool command to decrypt eboot.bin in command line > scetool -d EBOOT.BIN EBOOT.elf

If you have @aldostools PS3 Tools Collection installed on your PC and it has the windows context menu you can simply right click on the eboot.bin and select extract elf and it will do this for you.

It took about 5 seconds for BruteForce save data to find the key. just leave the setting the way they are when you select to bruteforce the key.