Emulator message boxes hidden in fullscreen mode
Started by wderbi

0 posts in this topic
wderbi

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2017
11-27-2017, 08:56 PM -
Greetings all.  I am running the latest nightly RPCS3 0.0.4 (11/27) and it is working very nicely on my system that I have ~280 PS3 games in my Hyperspin cabinet.  My system is pretty decent (i7-2600K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 Ghz, 12G RAM, GTX 1050Ti), so most of the games that do work seem to run rather well.  However, I am running into a problem that I am not seeing much info on.  Some game's messaging such as "This game has an autosave feature" is displayed via RPCS3's default message box that the emulator uses. However, while I am in full-screen mode, the message box is hidden in behind the gameplay screen, and the gameplay screen shows only a black screen.  If I press the Windows key to show the toolbar, I can then see the message boxes, click through them, then the game will launch.

This can be a problem in an arcade cabinet setup because only the black screen is shown, and there is no indication that the emulator is waiting on user input for feedback.  Is there a way to enable messaging from the emulator to penetrate the game play screen while in full-screen mode?  Alternatively, is there a way to set default answers so that the boxes are automatically answered and there is no pausing of the emulator for user input?  This is a somewhat annoying problem that concerns me when the cabinet is operated by my kids, and they will not know what to do in that situation.

Thanks!!!!