Zone of the Enders HD Collection [BLES01756]
Started by eoiz

3 posts in this topic
QOTSANINSOADKORN

107 posts 22 threads Joined: Oct 2017
10-17-2017, 11:42 PM -
looking at the folder with
"ZoE1_ProjectFinal_DVD.ppu.self"
in it, there are some .cnf files which seemed odd...
looking at "usbboot.cnf" for example...
"BOOT2 = zoe.elf

VER = 1.00
VMODE = NTSC"

SYSTEM.CNF
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\SLPM_650.19;1
VER = 0.10
VMODE = NTSC

is it really just launching PS2 files?
is this the worst hd "remake" ever...?
i mean i love the game, just a bit confused...

"ZoE1_ProjectFinal_DVD.ppu.self" might be using
.PPU File Extension File Type - Free Pascal Unit File
Free Pascal Compiler
32/64/16-bit multi-platform Pascal and Object Pascal compiler

after reading http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digita...d-remaster
i think installing the game update is mandatory to try to get this to work...

"The primary focus of this patch, then, was clearly performance. The patched version now runs very close to its target 60fps in even the most demanding scenes, with v-sync engaged at all times. This level of performance exceeds both the original HD release and the original PlayStation 2 version, though cut-scene performance sees less of an increase, with the original version occasionally besting the updated release (at the expense of visual quality). One of the key changes implemented by HexaDrive to solve the performance problem is the utilisation of the PlayStation 3's SPUs to handle the workload previously designed for PlayStation 2's vector units. ZOE 2 pushed the PlayStation 2 to its limits and the RSX simply doesn't have the muscle on its own to power through it without help. HexaDrive balanced performance across the entire system, including the SPUs, in order to avoid bottlenecks, resulting in a 10x increase in performance across the board."
This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 12:20 AM by QOTSANINSOADKORN.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zone of the Enders HD Collection [BLES01756] - by eoiz - 05-21-2017, 03:28 PM
RE: Zone of the Enders HD Collection [BLES01756] - by QOTSANINSOADKORN - 10-17-2017, 11:42 PM