Persona 5 [BLUS31604]
Started by digitaldude

296 posts in this topic
MonoSpectre

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2017
09-09-2017, 04:40 PM -
Hey guys, so I'm currently trying to get this game running nicely and I'm having one issue.

I'm having really bad texture flickering problems. I get a lot of flashing and it can make the game hard to look at sometimes.

I have an Intel® Core™ i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz
8 GB of RAM 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950

I'm able to run almost all of the newest games on highest graphical settings and at 60FPS, and I'm wondering is maybe something went wrong while I installed or if my settings for configuration are incorrect. I'm using the most recent build of RPCS3

I'm using the Vulkan rendering and the LLVM and ASMJIT Decoders. I've tried swapping them around, but it makes the game go slower and doesn't improve the flashing textures.

I get really decent FPS (usually between 15-30) in most areas, so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to fix the texture problem. The game plays just fine other than some minor audio bugs, but it doesn't really bother me. I just want the textures to not flash.

Thanks in advance!
This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 07:20 PM by MonoSpectre.
pothb

5 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2017
09-10-2017, 12:45 AM -
(09-09-2017, 04:40 PM)MonoSpectre Wrote: Hey guys, so I'm currently trying to get this game running nicely and I'm having one issue.

I'm having really bad texture flickering problems. I get a lot of flashing and it can make the game hard to look at sometimes.

I had this issue with another game, updated my drivers and that stopped. Tried that?
MonoSpectre

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2017
09-10-2017, 02:30 AM -
(09-10-2017, 12:45 AM)pothb Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 04:40 PM)MonoSpectre Wrote: Hey guys, so I'm currently trying to get this game running nicely and I'm having one issue.

I had this issue with another game, updated my drivers and that stopped. Tried that?

Do you mean my NVIDIA drivers? What specifically?

I haven't tried updating any drivers, but I think my NVIDIA ones might need to be updated anyway.
lilya

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2017
09-10-2017, 04:37 AM -
Hi Guys, i have

Ryzen 7 1700
GTX 1050 Ti
8GB RAM

It seems that persona dont like ryzen at all ? i only have max of 20 fps overall, 10 fps on heavy area, 30 only on menu, the sound is also badly synchronized when fps dropped, my settings:

PPU : Recompiler
SPU : Recompiler
SPU Thread : 1 (Raising this slowing down the game)
Enable SPU Loop Detection

Vulkan
1280x720
Framelimit off
Invalidate cache every frame

Please let me know another Ryzen user if u have the same performance as i do or if i there is something wrong with my config, thanks
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
09-10-2017, 11:50 AM -
(09-10-2017, 02:30 AM)MonoSpectre Wrote:

I haven't tried updating any drivers, but I think my NVIDIA ones might need to be updated anyway.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

(09-10-2017, 04:37 AM)lilya Wrote: Hi Guys, i have

Ryzen 7 1700
GTX 1050 Ti
8GB RAM

It seems that persona dont like ryzen at all ? i only have max of 20 fps overall, 10 fps on heavy area, 30 only on menu, the sound is also badly synchronized when fps dropped, my settings:

Vulkan
1280x720
Framelimit off

Please let me know another Ryzen user if u have the same performance as i do or if i there is something wrong with my config, thanks

Set affinity of rpcs3 to "cores" 7-15 in task manager.
Mattyran

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2017
09-11-2017, 12:13 AM -
Is there any particular config setup to make cutscenes not super choppy on an FX-8350? I am well aware of the performance issues to be expected with it but the rest of the game is playable for me, just the cutscenes are like 1fps.
DW—Shadow

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2017
09-11-2017, 03:14 PM -

Ryzen 7 1700
GTX 1050 Ti
8GB RAM

Vulkan
1280x720
Framelimit off

My situation is like you.
Ryzen 1500X
RX480
16GB RAM

The game version is 1.01.

There is a colorful line across the screen, from left top corner to the middle.
The anime fps is 30 , but the sound is not fluent. 
In every scene, the fps is no more 30,including the start choice about the network.
pothb

5 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2017
09-11-2017, 03:35 PM -

Yes, Nvidia drivers. I just updated the latest stable drivers when that happened to me. It was odd for me because the flickering didn't happen with an older version of RPCS3, but I guess there was a change in how it rendered or something that required a change that is in the newer drivers.
DW—Shadow

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2017
09-11-2017, 04:12 PM -
(09-10-2017, 11:50 AM)ssshadow Wrote:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Ryzen 7 1700
GTX 1050 Ti
8GB RAM

Vulkan
1280x720
Framelimit off

Set affinity of rpcs3 to "cores" 7-15 in task manager.

The setting about Ryzen is no work.
The sound is not fluent.
A colorful line cross the screen, from the left top corner to the middle.
[email protected]
RX480
The fps is no more 30, just like locked, but l have never limited the frame.
Maykay

4 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2017
09-12-2017, 01:12 AM -
Hello.

First of all, congratulations to everyone involved in this project, it's an amazing feat.

On to the matter at hand:  I've started playing Persona 5, and have come across a couple of issues. Fortunately, none of them seem to be deal breakers (for now), but I would just like some input on whether they are caused by my configuration or by my hardware.

My laptop:

- i7 - 7700 HQ (2.80GHz)
- 8GB RAM
- NVIDIA GTX 1060 (3GB)

Current issues:

- All cutscenes are a bit choppy, both audio and video;
- Audio (especially voices) frequently has crackles, which, while not preventing me from hearing what is being said, can get quite annoying after a while because it is coupled with the cutscene problem;
- A few of my controller's buttons are incorrect (namely: Select/Start are switched, and right stick vertical/horizontal are also switched). Since I'm using a PS2 controller (my DS4 stopped working, for some reason), it could be down to my adaptor (even though it works flawlessly in Windows controller setup and in other games). Any way I can fix this?

I've only played one battle so far (the one in the introduction, against a single guard), and it was a bit choppy (but not unbearably so). In town it plays at about 15-20 FPS. Not that great, but not as bad as I've seen some people reporting.

I'm attaching the log file.  If you think I should make some adjustments to the configuration, any help will be appreciated. On the other hand, if you think it comes down to insufficient hardware, then there's not much that can be done. Either way, appreciate any help or guidance.

Again, kudos to all that contributed (and continue to contribute) to this great piece of software. Cheers.

Log file:   http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...9002728561

EDIT: it seems the game (at least for me) occasionally freezes (black screen, but the music keeps playing), which suuuucks if you haven't saved in a while (because the game won't let you). It always happens in a loading screen, when there's the animated face on the lower right corner. So far it's happened three times, and all of those times I've had to redo the first palace (when we first find out that the volleyball players are being abused). And since there's no save state, this can get quite annoying. Any thoughts on how to prevent this? Thanks.
This post was last modified: 09-14-2017, 01:23 AM by Maykay.