Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [BCES00052]
Started by shoopdahoop22

67 posts in this topic
UXELDUXEL

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2018
09-24-2018, 04:47 PM -
Game goes ingame with rpcs3-v0.0.5-7387-a3d44b5e_win64.
I used Vulkan and Write Color Buffers keeping everything else default.
Some graphic glitches are existant however they are quite acceptable.
The only annoying graphical glitch would be a constant black screen flickering

Planet Kortog (the third Planet in the game) has issues with collision. The floor sometimes has no collision, this is not just for the player, also for all NPC enemies or crates/items. While falling through the floor into the gas clouds you can see them falling if you slowdown using the helipack. After dieing ~5-15 times  collision suddenly starts working again for no reason (this seems random going afk for 10 minutes almost always makes it work). I have however not managed to get past this Planet, as the game randomly froze/crashed for me at every attempt i made. It always crashed at different points later down the planet.

I have made a small 1 minute video highlighting the collision issue aswell as the black flicker it can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGgOsu7jG00

Hope this helps, anyhow its definetly going ingame!

Attached Files
.7z   RPCS3 Ratchet and Clank TOD log.7z (Size: 1.31 MB / Downloads: 89)
Asinine

2,060 posts 83 threads Joined: Aug 2017
09-25-2018, 03:26 PM -
Yeah physics break sometimes in Quest for Booty too. sometimes reloading rpcs3 fixes it. But anyway thanks for the ingame report moving the thread..
Anty0

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2018
11-14-2018, 01:50 AM -
I just managed to finish whole game using only RPCS3.
Unfortunately there are still tons of bugs, so I don't consider this game playable yet. (But we are really close!)

System:
Notebook Dell G3
i5-8300H
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile

Configuration:
- PPU: LLVM
- SPU: LLVM
- GPU: Vulkan
- Write color buffers
- Write depth buffer (Must be changed manually in game config file, without this emulator crashes during weapon upgrade and in some other situations.)
- VSync

Most annoying bugs/glitches:
- Lagging at the beginning. = When you load game or change planet, game is literally unplayable for ~2 minutes. It draws quickly ~15 frames and then freeze for half of second and then again. After some time this lagging disappear.
- Emulator leaves opened /dev/nvidia0 files and opens bunch of them every frame, slowing down emulator and eventually causing crash due to limit of opened pipelines (files). This problem is especially visible during all Clank and some space shooting missions, where FPS due to this goes from usual 25-60 down to 0.5 (yes, you see correctly, it really is less then 1 frame per second). During these missions emulator generates hundreds of these pipelines to mentioned file every frame. (It almost seems as driver bug.) This problem appears only while using Vulkan renderer, so possible workaround (I was using) is to switch to OpenGL during these missions, but unfortunately OpenGL renderer is really unstable and didn't held up for me longer then half an hour without segfauting...
- Trying to shoot from one weapon results in game breakage (Ratchets body disappears, you are invincible, you can't shoot or attack... Literally only thing, you can do is walking, because your legs didn't disappear.). Can be solved without game restart by committing suiside (respawn fixes that). Other weapons work perfectly (regarding some graphical glitches).
- All sparking effects in game are "exploding" resulting in white lines on screen, when drawed.

There are also tons of other minor graphical glitches, like not working TVs in game, but they are not intolerable...
AluminumHaste

9 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2018
12-07-2018, 04:01 AM -
I'm not sure what's going on here, but my CPU is basically doing nothing, and my GPU is not doing much either.
GPU usage is only around 41% (running 1280x720), but my CPU (Ryzen 2700X) is only having 1 maybe 2 threads used.
I'm assuming this is a limitation of the emulator at this point?
In scenes where the FPS is higher, like looking down and getting 40-50 fps, I see more thread usage. Total CPU usage still hovering around 18-20%
This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 04:05 AM by AluminumHaste.
Degon

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2018
12-15-2018, 11:49 PM -
what i did to get it to work is as follows
1. in CPU settings go to firmware settings and select automaticly select required libraries
2. in GPU settings go to renderer select vulkan
3.  in GPU settings go to framelimit and select 59.94
4. in GPU settings go to anisotropic filter and select force disabled
5. in GPU settings go to additional settings and select write color buffers
hope this helps
Asinine

2,060 posts 83 threads Joined: Aug 2017
12-16-2018, 10:45 PM -
Never set anisotropic filtering to force disabled, it means the game can't even use it's own inbuilt texture filtering. will cause issues and look worse than automatic.
Always use load liblv2.sprx only (default) instead of automatically loading required libraries, it's faster as it's HLE instead of LLE. 99% of games work with it, including Tools of Destruction.
Also, this game has an inbuilt framelimiter so you don't need it.
The game also works fine in OpenGL, but yes Vulkan is faster.

Write Color Buffers is indeed required for this game, other stuff is pointless to mention.
Mate

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2018
12-28-2018, 12:05 PM -
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction is extremely laggy for me (almost always 5-15FPS ; at better times 25 FPS). Also it crashes quite frequently. Is it because my PC is not good enough or is there another problem? Someone please help.
My PC: Intel Core i5-3330 3.00 GHz 3.20 GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Batman420Gucci

14 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2018
01-24-2019, 09:59 PM -
I just downloaded the newest version of the emulator and can confirm it goes ingame with default settings. Very happy to see progress here.
Gtx 1050 Ti
Intel Core i5-7500 @ 3.40ghz
8GB RAM

Roughly 15 fps on average.
AluminumHaste

9 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2018
01-31-2019, 04:34 AM -
Are you guys able to use checkpoints? No matter how far I get on a planet, every time I start the game up, I'm back at the beginning.
ro55

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2019
Wink  03-02-2019, 07:57 PM -
(01-31-2019, 04:34 AM)AluminumHaste Wrote: Are you guys able to use checkpoints? No matter how far I get on a planet, every time I start the game up, I'm back at the beginning.

I am getting the same issue, all save slots when manually saving go back to the start, even though they display different planets.

I also have another problem after the first mission (just after ratchet and clank get knocked out) 80% of the time the game crashes to a white screen showing this in the console: 

specs if it helps:
32GB DDR4
1080ti