How to identify the correct libraries to be loaded for each game by using the log?
Started by Slash

18 posts in this topic
Kilowog01
Unregistered

02-23-2017, 06:29 PM -
(02-21-2017, 03:43 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Do you really need to understand what "TODO: cellRescSomethingSomething()" actually means? The answer may just cause more questions... In practice just LLE libresc in this case. If the log says "TODO: cellXXX" try to LLE libXXX. And in general if the module can be loaded the game will go further, otherwise it will instantly crash (like loading libgcm would do). And for 95 % of all games the list of modules from say Catherine or Rainbow Moon will be sufficient.

Of course you might see errors like "libVdec: unsupported video type 123..." which is just the HLE Vdec failing, in that case try to LLE libvdec.

Anyway this will probably not be an issue when automatic LLE selection is implemented.
Yes and no, I'll give you an example here and I think you'll understand me better.
I'm not saying that you're wrong or wanting a fight, you've been here a long time, have more experience and I see how annoying it is to answer the same questions from people who can't read. This "cake recipe" that i will talk below turns out to be an easy way to get rid of stupid people and i get it.
I'm seriously in love with the Little Big Planet franchise so I'm always testing all 3 games. Once I posted a log and you said
(10-13-2016, 07:45 PM)ssshadow Wrote: LLE libsre and those TODO: cellSpurs* will disappear.
libsre and libspurs_jq should always be used for every game.
At least for me that does not make any sense since the error says "spurs" so i should use a lle called spurs, not sre and neither spursjq but i selected that and didn't care much about questioning and the time passed. And now I've made new tests and decided to ask. Programmers shouldn't give a proper name to the error? There isn't a LLE called just "spurs". Or am I interpreting the thing in the wrong way?

For situations like these (and others) that I think I'll never be able to figure out which LLE's to use alone. People here love to say "use LLE's from game XYZ that every game needs that"

But at some point this is always proven wrong. Some games work without any LLE or with few LLE's.(like gtasa)

I hate using this "cake recipe" for as long as it works in 95% of the games. I want to select an LLE being absolute sure that the game needs it. Even though I have to read all the logs asking for sre, rtc, freetype or whatever.

Sticking to the example of Little Big Planet...the log ask for:

- libhttp.prx
- libio.prx
- librtc.prx
- libssl.prx
- libsysutil_np.prx
- libsysutil_np2.prx
- libsysutil_np_trophy.prx
- libsysutil_userinfo.prx
- libnet.prx

But you only spoke of those that are not quoted directly. SRE or SpursJQ never appears when i search for ".cpp" ou "TODO:", only the pure "spurs" appears with the others LLE's.

Most of these LLE's just break the game. But one of them darkens the screen and the other leaves the screen red. Is it something impressive? No but it's something new that a cake recipe can't bring. And meanwhile that, Sre and spursjq remain on the list without me having any idea why.

And that's why i think that a brief explanation of what each LLE does might help in some cases.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to identify the correct libraries to be loaded for each game by using the log? - by Kilowog01 - 02-23-2017, 06:29 PM