Playstation Now on RPCS3
Started by Utherellus

18 posts in this topic
Utherellus
Unregistered

03-26-2016, 08:38 AM -
Hey guys,
Just came up with an idea that someone should dump Playstation Now and run it on RPCS3 to stream all Ps3 games while emulator is developing.
Is this even possible? As I know RPCS3 supports network connection so why not use it?
tambre
Unregistered

03-26-2016, 09:39 AM -
RPCS3 is a PS3 emulator and debugger, not a video decoding/processing/streaming application.
Utherellus
Unregistered

03-26-2016, 10:33 AM -
Does that mean that developers of RPCS3 aren't interested in this wonderful feature which can bring houndreads of PS3 games on PC for free?(7 days Trial)
tambre
Unregistered

03-26-2016, 10:40 AM -
Once, again RPCS3 is a PS3 emulator and debugger not a stream decoder/encoder/etc. The main goal is preservation of the original hardware (and thus software).
I'm not also sure why you'd want that. Simply plug a damn PlayStation TV into the monitor.
Though it may be an interesting pet project to get it working on PC, if someone wants to.
Utherellus
Unregistered

03-26-2016, 11:00 AM -
(03-26-2016, 10:40 AM)tambre Wrote: Once, again RPCS3 is a PS3 emulator and debugger not a stream decoder/encoder/etc. The main goal is preservation of the original hardware (and thus software).
I'm not also sure why you'd want that. Simply plug a damn PlayStation TV into the monitor.
Though it may be an interesting pet project to get it working on PC, if someone wants to.

Simply because, the main goal of emulator is playing without a hardware. PS TV is a hardware. So as nor PS TV/Vita nor Samsung/Sony Smart TV emulators are available, it would be wonderful for PC players to try PS3 Exclusives until RPCS3 is done. Also to prove the platform's Superiority Cool
xXBeefyDjXx
Unregistered

03-26-2016, 12:26 PM -
(03-26-2016, 11:00 AM)Utherellus Wrote:
(03-26-2016, 10:40 AM)tambre Wrote: Once, again RPCS3 is a PS3 emulator and debugger not a stream decoder/encoder/etc. The main goal is preservation of the original hardware (and thus software).

Simply because, the main goal of emulator is playing without a hardware. PS TV is a hardware. So as nor PS TV/Vita nor Samsung/Sony Smart TV emulators are available, it would be wonderful for PC players to try PS3 Exclusives until RPCS3 is done. Also to prove the platform's Superiority Cool

That'd technically be another project, as stated the job of RPCS3 is to Emulate the ps3 itself. If you emulated ps now it would completely go against the point of rpcs3 due to it being a streaming device, not an actual console.

It does not matter how many games we get going on the emulator, What matters is how accurate we get the emulator to emulate the system first, Once that is done most games will become playable/loadable at the very least. But this is a rather large task to do. As talked about on the FAQ.
tambre
Unregistered

03-26-2016, 01:12 PM -
Quote:PS TV is a hardware. So as nor PS TV/Vita nor Samsung/Sony Smart TV emulators are available, it would be wonderful for PC players to try PS3 Exclusives until RPCS3 is done. Also to prove the platform's Superiority Cool

RPCS3 is an emulator and debugger for the PS3 and PSV. We don't currently target any other systems.
I'd also imagine that Sony wouldn't be too happy about such software. Though they may be fine with it, as long only accounts with the subscription are allowed. They'd probably still be worried about losing out on hardware sales.
jonsalat
Unregistered

03-26-2016, 02:16 PM -
It's just software, which is available on many different devices including non-Sony ones such as Samsung TVs, so I don't think that they care about hardware sales.

It's also available on PS3, so the PS3 app should at least be covered by RPCS3.
tambre
Unregistered

03-26-2016, 02:32 PM -
(03-26-2016, 02:16 PM)jonsalat Wrote: It's just software, which is available on many different devices including non-Sony ones such as Samsung TVs, so I don't think that they care about hardware sales.

It's also available on PS3, so the PS3 app should at least be covered by RPCS3.

Someone should try dumping the app then and see if it's any good.
Utherellus
Unregistered

03-26-2016, 03:50 PM -
(03-26-2016, 02:16 PM)jonsalat Wrote: It's also available on PS3, so the PS3 app should at least be covered by RPCS3.

Exactly! Thats my point. If RPCS3 developers make that app work, it would cause Big Bang all across the internet.
Also it will be legal : Sony will profit with subscriptions from PC players.
So I beg PS3 users : please dump PS Now