Is not having LLE Modules the reason why most games freeze?
Started by mattcackles

19 posts in this topic
xXBeefyDjXx
Unregistered

02-27-2016, 11:54 PM -
(02-05-2016, 05:43 AM)tambre Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 04:45 AM)mattcackles Wrote: Hi, i'm new to this forum!
I have been hearing about RPCS3 since 2014 or so, but i hadn't got a chance to try it until a few days ago. I extracted the dev_flash folder from a UPDAT.PUP, and imported them into RPCS3. I notice most gameplay videos of this emulator don't even mention the modules, i am guessing a lot more games would play with the needed modules enabled? Or maybe something else is keeping games from being playable.

Most newer videos do. Ever since the LLE of modules became "public" the playable game count has increased 5 times and the progress has been seen as fast.

There also SPU and RSX emulation inaccuracies.

Considering what you just said, Loading certain modules crashes, but then when you load the complete module set from "Dev_Flash" it loads, but then runs out of memory to play (Obviously, it just loaded the entirety of dev flash modules to memory and filled the 256mb with modules)

Based on this. Would it be possible to make the program load them all as a file list of what you do/don't have modules wise, and then when the game requires a specific module it then loads and sets it up?

I'm a novice at all this and my way of thinking might be completely wrong, but do you see what I mean?

It would make your jobs easier as you no longer need to code in each specific function, and would allow for many, many more playables.

I understand the "Piracy of nands" being an issue, so you would have to leave the modules for people to get themselves *ahem* Github is a huge help *Ahem* but you can see what I mean.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is not having LLE Modules the reason why most games freeze? - by xXBeefyDjXx - 02-27-2016, 11:54 PM