Rpcs3 compilation issue
Started by MrComputerRevo

11 posts in this topic
tambre
Unregistered

01-28-2016, 01:18 PM -
(01-28-2016, 11:33 AM)MrComputerRevo Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 10:40 AM)flashmozzg Wrote: PPU llvm jit is usually better (in simple games like Sonic CD it's undoubtedly better, can get easily 300+ fps with it) but it takes time to warm up (for "hard" games it can take up several minutes) and it's less accurate/stable when interpreter 2. So the rule of thumb is to always test with interp 2 for both spu and ppu and if the game works and you want extra speed - try recompilers.

Argg... Back on topic, I've installed Windows 10 and now it's not compiling again... Error C2220 warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated D3D12GSRender c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 14.0\vc\include\xutility Line 2229
I'm really sorry that I'm bothering you with all this but I just really want to find out more about programming emulators. I'm familiar with programming software but not systems...

EDIT: I've disabled Treat Warnings as Errors and it went through, just don't know how "right" of a solution this is.
EDIT2: OK, last question. How do you debug with VS? The debug build crashes for me with Expression: "Standard C++ Libraries Out of Range". Thank you for all of the answers so far.

You shouldn't be using the Debug build. At least I never do. Also, debug build simply doesn't work for most things.
MrComputerRevo
Unregistered

01-28-2016, 01:40 PM -
(01-28-2016, 01:18 PM)tambre Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 11:33 AM)MrComputerRevo Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 10:40 AM)flashmozzg Wrote: PPU llvm jit is usually better (in simple games like Sonic CD it's undoubtedly better, can get easily 300+ fps with it) but it takes time to warm up (for "hard" games it can take up several minutes) and it's less accurate/stable when interpreter 2. So the rule of thumb is to always test with interp 2 for both spu and ppu and if the game works and you want extra speed - try recompilers.

Argg... Back on topic, I've installed Windows 10 and now it's not compiling again... Error C2220 warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated D3D12GSRender c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 14.0\vc\include\xutility Line 2229
I'm really sorry that I'm bothering you with all this but I just really want to find out more about programming emulators. I'm familiar with programming software but not systems...

EDIT: I've disabled Treat Warnings as Errors and it went through, just don't know how "right" of a solution this is.
EDIT2: OK, last question. How do you debug with VS? The debug build crashes for me with Expression: "Standard C++ Libraries Out of Range". Thank you for all of the answers so far.

You shouldn't be using the Debug build. At least I never do. Also, debug build simply doesn't work for most things.
Thank you!