CELL_L10N_PRX_MODULE_NAME
cellMp4_Library
cellSail_Library
cellSailAvi_Library
cellSpursJq_Library
cellSre_Library
cellSsl_Library
libvdec_Library

Are you sure all of them needed? It seems kinda excessive.

i edited my post again about LLE!.
gba
Unregistered

01-29-2016, 07:02 AM -
(01-29-2016, 05:36 AM)tambre Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 01:21 AM)gba Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 04:58 PM)Vandolf Wrote: Hi. I tested the game, work for me!

Settings + Small GamePlay

EDIT: I played long, work fine with 60 FPS! this video only for settings + small gameplay!Enjoy!.

EDIT 2: LLE modules used

CELLAPOSTSRC_Library
libavcdec_Library
libdivxdec_Library
cellFiber_Library
CELL_L10N_PRX_MODULE_NAME
cellMp4_Library
cellSail_Library
cellSailAvi_Library
cellSpursJq_Library
cellSre_Library
cellSsl_Library
libvdec_Library

Hi,
I tried using your exact identical setting and setup, but I'm getting a black screen right after the intro ends (Where you can see Okabe holding Kurisu). Nothing seems to crash, I can hear the audio, but its stuck with a black screen. Any clue?
http://pastebin.com/06QU9qcC

Please post the full log. Console output is of no use for determining the problem. (You'll also probably need to compress the log, as it's likely huge)
Wow, it was 88 mb in just logs.

Thanks. I'm still really confused on why my setup isn't working when the settings and modules are all identical.
MrComputerRevo
Unregistered

01-29-2016, 07:43 AM -
I'm the guy who made the video. I used cellSpursJq, cellSre, cellFiber LLE modules, PPU Interpreter 2, SPU Interpreter Fast and DX12. I guess the problem with the game is that CriWare movie .usm files are encoded in AVC. I re-encoded them to MPEG and after that it is completely fine and playable through to the end.

Off-topic: Chaos;Child also a SciADV title and uses the same engine does work on OpenGL but not on DX12... If I create a new thread and post both OpenGL and DX12 logs will you guys help me out?
gba
Unregistered

01-29-2016, 12:48 PM -
(01-29-2016, 07:43 AM)MrComputerRevo Wrote: I'm the guy who made the video. I used cellSpursJq, cellSre, cellFiber LLE modules, PPU Interpreter 2, SPU Interpreter Fast and DX12. I guess the problem with the game is that CriWare movie .usm files are encoded in AVC. I re-encoded them to MPEG and after that it is completely fine and playable through to the end.

Off-topic: Chaos;Child also a SciADV title and uses the same engine does work on OpenGL but not on DX12... If I create a new thread and post both OpenGL and DX12 logs will you guys help me out?

What software did you use to re-encode the movie files?
MrComputerRevo
Unregistered

01-29-2016, 01:13 PM -
(01-29-2016, 12:48 PM)gba Wrote: What software did you use to re-encode the movie files?

First I extracted .usm files with VGMToolBox. Then I re-encoded .m2v AVC video to MPEG .avi with ffmpeg. Re-encoded .hca audio to .wav with HCA_decoder. Then I used Scaleform VideoEncoder to pack it all up back to .usm
tambre
Unregistered

01-29-2016, 01:28 PM -
(01-29-2016, 07:43 AM)MrComputerRevo Wrote: I'm the guy who made the video. I used cellSpursJq, cellSre, cellFiber LLE modules, PPU Interpreter 2, SPU Interpreter Fast and DX12. I guess the problem with the game is that CriWare movie .usm files are encoded in AVC. I re-encoded them to MPEG and after that it is completely fine and playable through to the end.

That's because we probably don't have AVC decoding support yet, but you should be able to LLE the module, that decodes the movie files (if the game uses the modules for it). Other than that, good work! You can create a thread for Chaos;Child. Make sure to include all relevant information and follow the guidelines, though!
douggle
Unregistered

01-30-2016, 01:36 AM -
(01-29-2016, 01:13 PM)MrComputerRevo Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 12:48 PM)gba Wrote: What software did you use to re-encode the movie files?

First I extracted .usm files with VGMToolBox. Then I re-encoded .m2v AVC video to MPEG .avi with ffmpeg. Re-encoded .hca audio to .wav with HCA_decoder. Then I used Scaleform VideoEncoder to pack it all up back to .usm

Any chance you can upload that somewhere? As I get a crash pretty earlier in and would love to be able to fully read this bad boy
edit please disregard my request.,
Blayter
Unregistered

01-30-2016, 09:27 PM -
My computer is too slow to run the Emu. But I am really curious if it's possible to use a text-hooker on the emulator.
It's made to read the hex address that's displaying the text in-game. By using HAT you could possibly extract the text that comes up in the text box. Then check the words you don't know with dictionary. Which is really great if you have good Japanese skills, but not native level.

If anyone tries it out, I would appreciate it if you could mention if it worked.

Hat: https://github.com/MX-Futhark/hook-any-text/wiki
Styler00Dollar
Unregistered

01-31-2016, 09:09 AM -
I tested Steins;Gate 0 for myself and I can play it after all. I tried it for hours. Took me some time to find out that a loaded ram can actually ensure that modules fail to load and finally crash.

My config that just actually just worked (well, get random blacksreens somehow, I assume still because of the combination Chrome/RPCS3 and ram.):
Interpreter 2/fast
DX12/VSync/OpenAL
libavcdec cellFiber cellSpursJq cellSre libvdec

I tried HAT for myself with RPCS3 and I have bad news, my first attempts are worthless. Currently it´s not possible from my testing that text can be hooked. But it not like it isn´t working with RPCS3 at all. Got some luck with other games trough.

Aside that, I recently found out that HAT has some problems/improvements to be solved. Currently it´s not working for myself on Win10. Tested with Cheat Engines Hex viewer only, but no results after all. Maybe need to test more, but wanted to share it here.
Ani
Administrator

4,276 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
01-31-2016, 03:55 PM -
Hey,

Tried running here with the latest v0.0.0.6-4112-39bc897 build.
Doesn't load the video, I'll probably need to recompile video to MPEG.
AMD R9 280X here, I've heard about the issues with video outputting and AMD cards regarding RPCS3.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux