Looking to rip PS3 titles for testing (and FAQ down?)
Started by BlinksTale

5 posts in this topic
BlinksTale
Unregistered

01-11-2016, 02:42 AM -
(01-10-2016, 07:31 AM)tambre Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 02:05 AM)BlinksTale Wrote: ...

You'll need a PS3 with Custom Firmware to properly rip the files of the discs. Though you can use a blu-ray drive, it will not provide some necessary files for decrypting certain files of the games - those decryption files can only be obtained through running the game on the PS3, and then grabbing them through a FTP server, while the game is running, AFAIK. You would also probably want to obtain the firmware files from the PS3, that will still probably be needed to run many games for many years to come.

Also, the FAQ is perfectly fine. Seems like the FAQ link on the forum was outdated - we switched to a Github organization about a year ago. I have updated the link on the forum.

Aw bummer! Is this like Saturn stuff, where the games are still playable but some media (eg. audio files) are missing? I'm just looking to poke around with where development is right now rather than a serious investment, showing friends that PS3 emulation does exist and can run on your computer - it's just not a fully functional emulator yet. Or is it more like 3DS and Wii U stuff, where a single file blocks access to the game entirely? I'm wondering if my PC bluray rip is good enough to prove that the games exist and maybe open/run, not flawless emulation.

Glad to see the FAQ is in fact up! (and thanks for updating the other topic too) Bummer to see that ripping games isn't covered at all. Can we just transfer PSN games by flash drive or anything like that? (not hard to try, but I'd rather ask than spend the time doing it wrong Tongue)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking to rip PS3 titles for testing (and FAQ down?) - by BlinksTale - 01-10-2016, 02:05 AM
RE: Looking to rip PS3 titles for testing (and FAQ down?) - by BlinksTale - 01-11-2016, 02:42 AM
RE: Looking to rip PS3 titles for testing (and FAQ down?) - by BlinksTale - 01-11-2016, 06:41 AM